Former Wheat King Cole Reinhardt Signs Entry-Level Contract with Ottawa Senators
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that they have signed former Wheat Kings forward Cole Reinhardt to a three-year, entry-level contract which will commence with the 2021-22 season.
Reinhardt, 21, is in the midst of his first professional season, while playing on an amateur tryout contract, with the American Hockey League's Belleville Senators where he ranks fourth among rookies and is tied for seventh among B-Sens in scoring with seven points (three goals, four assists) and has skated in all but one of the team's 22 games to date this season.
"We've been exceedingly happy with Cole's play this season," said Ottawa Senators general manager Pierre Dorion. "For someone who was just recently drafted, he's already showcased a great combination of strength and speed in addition to excellent hockey sense, which is likely his best attribute."
A native of Irricana Alberta, Reinhardt was drafted by the Wheat Kings in the 9th round of the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft, #198 overall. He completed his fourth and final campaign of major junior hockey with the Wheat Kings last season and tallied 55 points (31 goals, 24 assists) over 56 regular-season contests. Establishing new major junior career highs in goals, assists and points, he concluded the season having registered 141 points (75 goals, 66 assists) and 151 penalty minutes over 252 regular-season games with Brandon.
Selected by the Senators with the team's second sixth-round pick (181st overall), Reinhardt was one of two Wheat Kings the team selected at the 2020 NHL Draft after having also chosen Ridly Greig in the first round (28th overall).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2021
- Broncos Turn in Strong Performance in Loss to ICE - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Day Hub: April 17 - Portland Winterhawks
- ICE Edge Broncos 5-4 - Winnipeg Ice
- Silvertips Slip Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Former Wheat King Cole Reinhardt Signs Entry-Level Contract with Ottawa Senators - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders Announce Partnership with NorSask Hockey Development, Global Sport Academy - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pre Game Report Presented by Imperial Steel - ICE vs Broncos - April 16, 2021 - Winnipeg Ice
- Darren Ritchie Accepts Position with the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs, Wheat Kings Name Doug Gasper the 17th General Manager in Franchise History - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Tigers vs Rebels Preview - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Toss 45 Shots on Net But Fall to Paddock & the Raiders - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Sourdif, Sim Lead the Giants to a 4-0 Shutout Victory over Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Paddock Backstops Raiders to Win Over Warriors - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Blanked by Giants - Victoria Royals
- Oil Kings Blank Hurricanes, Pickup Fourth Straight Win - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.