Former Viper Adelekan Named to AFL All-Rookie Team
Huntsville, AL- The Arena Football League has announced their 2008 All-Rookie Team and the list includes one former Tennessee Valley Viper. Farouk Adelekan, who played for the Vipers from 2006-2007 was named to the team as a defensive lineman.
Adelekan, who plays in the AFL for the New York Dragons, finished the season with 29.5 tackles and three sacks. The Dragons finished the regular season 8-8 and are a #6 seed in the National Conference and will play the #3 Dallas Desperados Friday night in the first round of the AFL Playoffs.
The University of Houston product totaled 15 tackles and seven sacks in just 10 games played in 2006 for the Vipers and finished the 2007 season with 19.5 tackles. 9.5 for loss, eight sacks, and five forced fumbles in 12 games played. He finished his collegiate career with 73 total tackles and 11 sacks in 17 games played.
The Vipers are back home Friday night as they will host the Stockton Lightning at 7:30pm in the Von Braun Center Arena. Tickets are available by visiting the arena box office or for group reservations, please contact the Vipers at 256-428-HISS (4477).
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 25, 2008
- Eight former af2 players earn AFL honors - af2
- Dorados Announce Guys Night Out - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Fire Blaze a Trail to Youngstown - Louisville Fire
- Talons Resume Perch Atop Coaches Poll For Week 14 - Tulsa Talons
- Florida Firecats Remain Fifth in Week Fourteen Coaches Poll - Florida Firecats
- Former Viper Adelekan Named to AFL All-Rookie Team - Alabama Vipers
- Albany Dispatches ThunderBirds To Snap Losing Streak - Albany Firebirds
- Talons Perched Back on Top of Coaches Poll for Week 14 - af2
- Talons Perched Back On Top Of Coaches Poll For Week 14 - Tulsa Talons
- Former Conquest QB Named To AFL All-Rookie Team - Albany Firebirds
- Ransom Wins af2 Honors - Tulsa Talons
- Blizzard Clinch Playoff Spot - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.