Force Fall to Sioux City in Night One of the Weekend
The Force returned to home ice tonight for the first time since since New Years Eve to take on the Sioux City Musketeers.
Goaltending was key for the Force in the opening frame as Slovakian native Matej Marinov stood between the posts for the home team fending off all 22 of the Musketeers shots on goal. Sioux City put up a strong defensive front in the first allowing only 3 Force SOG.
Midway through the second the Musketeers finally got one past Force netminder Matej Marinov thanks to a goal from Owen McLaughlin with 11:48 to go in the period.
With 3:07 remaining in the period Andre Gasseau put the Force on the board with a beautiful cross ice assist from Bryan Huggins. He flipped it backhanded past Alex Tracy backhand Each squad had a power play opportunity in the period but neither capitalized the second frame came to a close with the game tied at 1-1, Muskies leading in SOG 38-11.
21 seconds into the third the Musketeers cashed in on the powerplay, taking a 2-1 lead. 26 seconds after that Notre Dame commit Cole Knuble pulled off a filthy goal in front of the net tying it back up at 2-2. The remainder of the game was all Musketeers as their offense laid on the pressure night scoring 4 more goals to close out the game with a 6-2 win.
The Force are back again tomorrow for Hometown Heroes Night at 6:05PM! Click HERE to buy tickets now!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2022
- Lancers Get Back in the Win Column with a Victory over Sioux Falls - Omaha Lancers
- Fighting Saints Sink Slump in 6-1 Win over Green Bay - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Caps Win Streak Halted at Three, Settle for Series Split with Team USA - Madison Capitols
- Croteau, Hawks Stymie RoughRiders - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Shorthanded Stampede Come up Short in Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Korpi Shuts out Youngstown, Lumberjacks Blank Phantoms 4-0 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- 5 Things: Five-Goal Third Downs Black Hawks - Lincoln Stars
- Force Fall to Sioux City in Night One of the Weekend - Fargo Force
- Storm Extends Winning Streak in Road Victory - Tri-City Storm
- Ice Sharks Taken Down 5-3 by Green Bay - Chicago Steel
- Three Third Period Goals Propel Riders Past Saints - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Five Late Flip Friday's Final - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.