Force Announce Trade Ahead of the 2021 USHL Draft
Prior to the start of today's 2021 USHL Phase 1 draft, the Fargo Force of the United States Hockey League announce they have traded forward Grant Slukynsky to the Sioux City Musketeers for defenseman Mason Langenbrunner and a 2021 Phase 2 - 4th round draft pick.
Langenbrunner, a 6'2, 181 lb right handed defenseman was the captain of Eden Prairie HS this past season, where he helped lead the Eagles to the MN State AA Championship. The Harvard University commit scored 5 goals and added 26 assists for 31 points in 24 games.
A year ago, Mason was a 5th round pick by the Boston Bruins in the NHL draft. His father, Jamie Langenbrunner, a native of Cloquet, MN, played 17 seasons in the NHL and was on 2 Stanley Cup Championship teams with the New Jersey Devils (in 1999 & 2003).
Slukynsky had 5 assists in 48 games playing for the Force in a limited role this past season. He was originally selected in the 15th round of the 2019 USHL Phase 2 draft, and is committed to Northern Michigan University.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 26, 2021
- Storm Complete Phase I of 2021 USHL Draft - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Select 10 Players in Phase 1 of USHL Draft - Chicago Steel
- Hawks Go Forward in Phase I Draft - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Lancers Select 10 Players in 2021 Phase I Draft - Omaha Lancers
- Dubuque Fighting Saints Complete Phase I of 2021 USHL Draft, Select Ten Players - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Phantoms Choose Whitelaw with the First Overall Pick of the 2021 USHL Futures Draft - Youngstown Phantoms
- 2021 USHL Draft Starts Tonight - Fargo Force
- Force Announce Trade Ahead of the 2021 USHL Draft - Fargo Force
- USHL Draft Wednesday & Thursday - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.