Force Announce Jersey Competition Winner
March 13, 2023 - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Fargo Force News Release
The Fargo Force are excited to announce that Chad Velaso has been named the winner of the 3rd Annual Fargo Force Jersey Design Competition! Chad's jersey will be created and worn by the Force on Fan Appreciation Night (April 21) Following the game the jerseys will be auctioned off online via DASH Auctions. Read more about Chad and the inspiration behind "Electric Force" below!
"My name is Chad Velasco and I currently co-own my family business in Michigan. I started making hockey jersey concepts 2 and a half years ago as a hobby and a way to branch to use my creativity in a unique way. It also gave me the opportunity to grow the love of the game in a whole different aspect. From such a young age, hockey has been huge part of my life. I started playing at the age of 6 and grew up a Red Wings fan. I found out about the competition via social media and decided to enter in hopes of making a dream become a reality seeing a creation of mine on ice. I truly couldn't be more thankful for the support I had during the voting to make this all happen and I hope the fans of Fargo enjoy Fan Appreciation Night and the jersey to go along with it!
The thought process of my "Electric Force" design started with wanting to keep it simple, but also add something within to make it a little more fun and unique. As I was playing around with the overall layout of the jersey, I instantly thought of wanting to showcase a force-like element and bring out the "Force" name which I used lightning to exemplify it. I wanted to use the color scheme and of black, blue, and white to stay true to the color scheme of the team. As the final product came together, I felt this truly fit the Fargo Force look. "
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2023
- Force Announce Jersey Competition Winner - Fargo Force
- Sam Scopa Earns USHL Goalie of the Week - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Jaksen Panzer (Sioux Falls), Drew Fortescue (NTDP) and Sam Scopa (Cedar Rapids) earn weekly honors - USHL
- Rolston Signs with Chicago - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Six-Point Weekend Earns Panzer Forward of the Week Nod - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Former RoughRider McDonough Signs with the NHL - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- USHL Announces Partnership with Sports Science Solutions - USHL
- Capitols Relieve Leivermann of Coaching Duties - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.