Force Acquire Bohlsen, Kesselring from Des Moines for Mancinelli
FARGO, ND - The Force have traded forward Michael Mancinelli to the Des Moines Buccaneers in exchange for forward Kaden Bohlsen and defenseman Michael Kesselring.
Mancinelli had 12 points (5 goals, 7 assists) in 25 games with the Force this season, his second in the USHL.
Bohlsen, a 17-year-old Willmar, Minn. native, is playing in his first full USHL season after splitting last season between the Shattuck-St. Mary's midget program and Des Moines. He has 13 points (6 goals, 7 assists) in 25 games for the Buccaneers so far this season and will play in the 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Tuesday night in Lincoln. Bohlsen was selected by Des Moines with the 10th overall pick in the 2017 USHL Futures Draft. The NHL Central Scouting Service gave Bohlsen a C-rating on its November players to watch list for the upcoming NHL Draft next June. Bohlsen will wear jersey No. 19 for the Force.
Kesselring is also in his first full USHL season after playing four years of prep hockey for the New Hampton School in New Hampton, N.H. The New Hampton native has 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) in 33 games with Des Moines this year. The six-foot-four, 195-pound defender was selected in the sixth round of the 2018 NHL Draft by the Edmonton Oilers. He is committed to play at Northeastern University. Kesselring, an 18-year-old, was picked in the 11th round of the 2017 USHL Entry Draft by the Bucs. He will wear jersey No. 4 for the Force.
The move is the second trade by the Force this season after acquiring forward Christoffer Bjork from the Muskegon Lumberjacks on Nov. 19 in exchange for a 4th Round pick in the 2019 USHL Phase II Draft.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2019
- West Beats East in Top Prospects Game at Ice Box - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede's Phillips Named Team West MVP at Top Prospects Game - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Team West Wins 2019 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - USHL
- Miller Commits to the Mavericks - Sioux City Musketeers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Defenseman Leaving for College - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Fighting Saints Announce "Hawkeye Night Supporting the Iowa Wave" - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Fund Request Organizations for Hometown Heroes Selected - Fargo Force
- Force Acquire Bohlsen, Kesselring from Des Moines for Mancinelli - Fargo Force
- Lebster Named USHL Forward of the Week - Des Moines Buccaneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo Force Stories
- USHL Dispersal Draftees Expected to Join Force Training Camp this Week
- Force Name RJ Gicewicz Assistant Coach
- USHL Targets November 6 Start to Regular Season
- Fargo Force to Host Red Cross Blood Drive to Help Meet Urgent Need
- Fargo Force to Host American Red Cross Blood Drive at Scheels Arena June 3 & 4