Flames broadcasts return to 93.9 FM WYEC
Moline, IL- The Quad City Flames today announced that the team has reached an agreement to air radio broadcasts on 93.9 FM WYEC for the next three seasons. The station will also host the team's weekly radio program, Flames Forum, on Monday nights at 6:00 p.m. The first edition of the Flames Forum for 2008-09 is scheduled for October 13th. Flames games and the Flames Forum will also be streamed live at qcflames.com via regionaldailynews.com.
"It's great to return to WYEC," said Flames Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations Aaron Roof. "Over the final months of the 2007-08 season, our fans were very pleased with the improved signal strength. We look forward to continuing to work with the station as we start our second season in the AHL."
"As a proponent of the Flames success in the area, I am very pleased to continue the relationship between the Quad City Flames and my group for years to come, and look forward to a season of great Flames Hockey, great Flames fans and great Regional Radio Group listeners," said Fletcher Ford, Manager of Virden Broadcasting.
Along with "Your Easy Choice 93.9 WYEC" Virden Broadcasting Corporation - Regional Radio Group owns and operates "HOGG Country 102.5WJRE", a country format playing hits from yesterday and today, Newstalk 1450AM - 104.3FM a vastly popular talk / Community based AM station that is simulcast on FM, and a free online daily publication - Regional Daily News.com featuring news - weather- and sports for the 5 County region from its offices in Kewanee and Davenport.
The Quad City Flames staff and mascot are available for appearances and speaking engagements throughout the summer of 2008. Players will be available for appearances upon their return to the Quad Cities in late September. Community leaders that would like to schedule an appearance at their event, can contact Michael Peterson at email@example.com or via phone at (309) 764-7825.
Quad City Flames season tickets are available now. Visit qcflames.com for information on full season tickets, 20-game mini-plans or 10-ticket flex vouchers. Group tickets and specialty seating are also available for parties of 15 or more. Call the Flames Ticket Office at (309) 764-7825 to purchase ticket packages. Individual tickets will go on sale soon!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 18, 2008
- Blues Announce Exhibition Schedule - Peoria Rivermen
- Aeros name O'Donnell Director of Broadcasting - Houston Aeros
- Flames broadcasts return to 93.9 FM WYEC - Abbotsford Heat
- Calgary Flames Open 2008 Main Training Camp At The Pengrowth Saddledome - Abbotsford Heat
- Limited Dinner Tickets, Tee & Green Sponsorship Remain For Binghamton Senators Charity Golf Classic - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks And Knighthawks Radio Show Debuts On October 6th - Rochester Americans
- Griffins and Red Wings Set to Begin Training Camp in Traverse City - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Announce Details Of New 4-Game Giveaway Packs - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates To Celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.