Five-Goal Second Period for Brahmas Blasts Jacks, 6-3
ODESSA, TX - The Texas Brahmas scored five unanswered goals in the second period to erase a 2-0 deficit and highlight a 6-3 win over the Odessa Jackalopes on Sunday night at the Ector County Coliseum. Todd Robinson scored a pair of goals for the Jackalopes in the losing effort.
Texas scored their first three goals in a 59 second span in the middle period to erase Odessa's 2-0 lead with efforts by Tyler Allen, Chad Woollard, and Jason Krischuck. Steven Later and Chris Moran also scored for Texas in the frame.
Moran added his second goal of the contest just 1:12 into the third period to extend the Brahmas' lead to 6-2. Jeff Pierce added a goal for the Jackalopes with under six minutes remaining in the contest for his 13th of the season.
Odessa started the scoring quickly with Robinson's wrap-around goal just 31 seconds into the contest. Robinson struck again with 3:23 remaining in the period on a wrist shot between the circles for a shorthanded goal to make it 2-0, Jacks after the first period of play. The two goals make it 296 in the pro career of Robinson.
The loss drops the Jackalopes to 12-14-2 on the season while the Brahmas improve too 13-9-3.
The Jackalopes now get set for a four-game stretch, all against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, to carry them into the new year. Odessa visits the Bees on Tuesday at 7:00 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2010
- Eagles Top Rush 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Gain Ground with Win in Rapid City - Colorado Eagles
- Gems Win 2-1 Over Fort Wayne in Thrilling Shootout - Dayton Gems
- Brahmas Break Jackalopes Antlers with 6-3 Win - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Explodes Past Mavs in Third - Wichita Thunder
- Five-Goal Second Period for Brahmas Blasts Jacks, 6-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- PrairieThunder Defeat Evansville 2-1 in Shootout Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Americans Nip RiverKings 2-1 - Allen Americans
- Allen Holds off RiverKings in Texas - Mississippi RiverKings
- Komets Find Chaulk in Stocking - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.