Five Close out Homestand against Express
(GREATER SUDBURY, ON) The Sudbury Five will close out the team's three game homestand Thursday as the Windsor Express visit for the final time this season.
The Five enter Thursday's game after an important divisional victory against the St. John's Edge Monday night. With Monday's loss, the Edge fell to second place in the Central Division, vacating the top seed for the first time since mid-December. The result also vaulted the Windsor Express into the top spot in the division.
The Express have been experiencing a roller coaster season. After starting the season with one win in their first seven games, the Express went on a roll, winning 11 of the team's next 13 games. Now back on the downturn, the Express have two wins in their last six games. The Express are led by forward Juan Pattillo. The NBL Canada veteran is enjoying one of his best season's as a professional, averaging 20.6 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
Tickets for Thursday's game can be purchased online at www.thefive.ca or in person at the Sudbury Community Arena Box Office.
After Thursday's game, the Five will hit the road for their final road trip of the season. The Five will travel our east to take on Cape Breton, Moncton, and the Island before making their return to the Sudbury Community Arena on March 21st .
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 27, 2019
- Highlanders Win at Home against the KW Titans - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Hurricanes Battle Back Riptide in Saint John for Seventh-Straight Win - Halifax Hurricanes
- Five Close out Homestand against Express - Sudbury Five
- Edge Sign Murphy Burnatowski as Inactive Reserve Replacement for Diego Kapelan - St. John's Edge
- Diego Kapelan Placed on Inactive Roster (Foreign League) - St. John's Edge
- NBLC Announces Implementation of Fan Code of Conduct - NBL Canada
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.