Fisher Cats, MiLB Will Not Play 2020 Season
Manchester, N.H. - Minor League Baseball (MiLB) and Major League Baseball (MLB) have announced the cancellation of the 2020 MiLB season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fisher Cats season was originally scheduled to begin on April 9, but was postponed indefinitely based on state and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Season ticket holders, mini-plan holders, and fans who booked groups, suites, and other hospitality nights in 2020 will automatically receive a 125% credit on their deposit to be used toward the 2021 season. Single game tickets from the 2020 season can be redeemed for any Fisher Cats home game in 2021.
"We've remained optimistic throughout this process and done everything we can to prepare for the 2020 season, so today's news is difficult to hear," said Fisher Cats President Mike Ramshaw. "But fan safety is our top priority, and we've already begun hosting safe, socially distanced events to make Delta Dental Stadium available to our community this summer. As we get through these difficult times together, I'm confident Fisher Cats baseball will be back and better than ever in 2021."
This will be New Hampshire's first season without Fisher Cats baseball in 17 years, during which time the team has won three Eastern League Championships, sent 125 players to the major leagues, hosted over 5 million fans, and generated nearly $6 million in monetary and in-kind donations to local charities.
The Fisher Cats front office is currently closed to the public, but staff members are working to contact fans about their current ticket packages.
Delta Dental Stadium has hosted seven graduation ceremonies over the past few weeks, and will host Atlas Fireworks shows with on-field picnic seating on Thursday, July 2, Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4.
For tickets and information, visit NHFisherCats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 30, 2020
- 2020 Thunder Season Canceled Due to COVID-19 - Trenton Thunder
- Major League Baseball Cancels 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Due to Pandemic - Bowie Baysox
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled - EL
- Fisher Cats, MiLB Will Not Play 2020 Season - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled - Portland Sea Dogs
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- 2020 Akron RubberDucks Season Cancelled - Akron RubberDucks
- 2020 Flying Squirrels, Minor League Season Canceled - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Minor League Baseball Cancels 2020 Season - Altoona Curve
- Yard Goats Informed by Minor League Baseball That 2020 Season Is Canceled - Hartford Yard Goats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Fisher Cats to Host Movie Night at the Ballpark on Saturday, July 18
- Fisher Cats, MiLB Will Not Play 2020 Season
- Fisher Cats Expand Ownership Group
- Fisher Cats Update 2020 Ticket Exchange Policy
- Fisher Cats Support COVID-19 Relief Fund with New Donation Program