First Round Pick Lleyton Moore Commits to IceDogs
Niagara IceDogs General Manager Joey Burke is thrilled to announce that 2018 First Round Selection Lleyton Moore has signed with the team. The defenseman, selected in the first round, 12th overall, by the IceDogs in this years' Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection has committed to the club by signing his Standard Player Agreement.
General Manager Burke announced the signing earlier today.
"This is a game changer for us in Niagara. Lleyton is a rare, special talent who is going to immediately turn heads around this league. He has a skill set that does not come along too often, and we are absolutely thrilled to be adding Lleyton to the IceDogs family. He is a proven winner who is the complete package, not only on the ice but off the ice as well. I couldn't be more excited about our future, and for our great fans, as we are getting a player in Lleyton who will be extremely exciting to watch for years to come."
The 5'8" defenseman was dominant in minor midget as a member of the Champion Toronto Marlboros team in the Greater Toronto Hockey League. He showed off his offensive capabilities with an astonishing 16 goals and 50 points over 54 games, while shining defensively helping his team to the GTHL championship.
Moore also just returned from competing at the OHL Gold Cup, where as a member of Team GTHL Blue, he finished with one goal and five points in just four games, helping lead them to a tournament championship.
When asked about the commitment Moore said "I couldn't be happier to be joining such a great organization in Niagara. I am very excited to be starting my next chapter with the IceDogs, and I can't wait to get going in September!"
Fans can look forward to watching Lleyton's exciting fast-paced playing style at the Meridian Centre in September.
The Niagara IceDogs congratulate Lleyton and welcome him to the organization!
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 1, 2018
- Garland Leaving Spits After 13 Years - Windsor Spitfires
- Barrie Colts Hockey School Pays Off - Barrie Colts
- First Round Pick Lleyton Moore Commits to IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Ryan McLeod and Jacob Ingham Among 50 CHL Players Invited to 2018 NHL Scouting Combine - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Niagara IceDogs Stories
- Studnicka Scores Hat Trick in 7-2 Pink in the Rink Win over Firebirds
- Jones Gets Hat Trick and Dhillon Blanks Hamilton in 10-0 Blowout
- Access to Carlisle Parking Garage
- IceDogs Games this Week - January 15th - 21st
- IceDogs Fall to Wolves 7-3 Despite Dominating Second Period