First-Round Pick Coates Back in Colorado
DENVER - The Colorado Mammoth announced today that Dan Coates, the first defenseman selected in the 2011 National Lacrosse League Entry Draft, has signed a one-year agreement to return to the organization for the 2013 season, pending league approval. Coates, 25, had 94 loose balls, tied for fifth-most in the NLL among non-face-off men.
"Dan was a stand-out for us in his rookie campaign," said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett. "He showed the ability to play great defense, and to get up and down the floor in transition."
The Canisius College alumnus had three goals, seven assists and eight forced turnovers in 16 regular-season games played in 2012.
Colorado has now re-signed all five of its selections from the first two rounds of the 2011 draft.
The Mammoth opens the 2013 season at home on HealthONE Field at Pepsi Center on Saturday, January 12 against the Washington Stealth. Season tickets are on sale now and start at just $72 apiece. To reserve your seats today, call 303.405.1101 or visit ColoradoMammoth.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 12, 2012
- Stealth Try-Out Camp Includes Local Prep Lacrosse Stars - Washington Stealth
- First-Round Pick Coates Back in Colorado - Colorado Mammoth
- Philadelphia Wings Open Training Camp on December 1 - Philadelphia Wings
- National Lacrosse League to Broadcast Live on YouTube for 2013 Season - NLL
- Montreal Exhibition Game Will Feature Local Talent - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.