Philadelphia Wings Open Training Camp on December 1
The Philadelphia Wings, of the National Lacrosse League (NLL), will open training camp at Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center in Hatfield, PA on Saturday, December 1 at 7 a.m. All training camp sessions will be free and open to the public.
Prior to the start of training camp, the Wings will hold a rookie/free agent camp also to be hosted at Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center on Saturday, November 17 at 8 a.m. The Wings' picks from the 2012 NLL Entry Draft, Kevin Randall, Mike Manley CJ Costabile will be among the nearly 40 players invited to this camp.
Manley, the Wings first pick in the draft, was an All-American defenseman at Duke last season, forcing 27 turnovers and recovering 52 loose balls. Joining Manley at camp, is his collegiate teammate, Costabile. The duo teamed up last season to lead the Blue Devils to a 15-5 record. Costabile, the 2012 ACC Co-Defensive Player of the Year, lead the team with144 loose balls and figures to strengthen the Wings defense this season.
Randall, who was drafted 41st overall, was a captain at Notre Dame, where he started every game in his final two years. The New York native was named 2012 Big East Defenseman of the Year and to the All-American team.
Wings official training camp will begin under the leadership of two of the NLL's most recognizable players, Captians Brodie Merrill and Dan Dawson. In Merrill's first season with the Wings, he tied a career high 20 goals scored, including three in the playoffs and led the team, picking up 157 loose balls.
The Georgetown alum teams up with fellow Canadian star, Dawson in an effort to bring the Wings back to prominence in the NLL. During the 2012 season, Dawson scored 27 goals and tallied a career high 89 assists for a team leading 116 points. Dawson, who was selected by the Wings with the first overall pick in the Boston Blazers dispersal draft in 2011, enters his twelfth season in the NLL.
Fans can catch their first glimpse of the 2013 Philadelphia Wings team at home against the Buffalo Bandits at Wells Fargo Center, on Friday, January 11 at 7 p.m.
2013 PHILADELPHIA WINGS PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE
Day Date Time Location
Saturday November 17 8 a.m. Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center (Rookie Camp)
Saturday December 1 7 a.m. Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center (Training Camp)
Sunday December 2 7 a.m. Bucksmont Indoor Sports Center (Training Camp)
Friday December 21 7 p.m. Exhibition vs Buffalo (Oakville, ON)
Saturday December 22 7 p.m. Exhibition vs Toronto (Oakville, ON)
Call 215-389-WING (9464) or visit WingsLAX.com to order Season Tickets for the upcoming 2013 Philadelphia Wings season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 12, 2012
- Stealth Try-Out Camp Includes Local Prep Lacrosse Stars - Washington Stealth
- First-Round Pick Coates Back in Colorado - Colorado Mammoth
- Philadelphia Wings Open Training Camp on December 1 - Philadelphia Wings
- National Lacrosse League to Broadcast Live on YouTube for 2013 Season - NLL
- Montreal Exhibition Game Will Feature Local Talent - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team