Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
Philadelphia, PA - (June 27, 2014) -Philadelphia Wings legend and second all-time franchise leading scorer Jake Bergey has been nominated to the National Lacrosse League (NLL) Hall of Fame Class of 2014 ballot, according to the NLL office.
Bergey is one of five finalists chosen by the NLL's Hall of Fame committee. If selected, Bergey will become the eleventh current or former member of the Wings organization to be inducted into the NLL Hall of Fame. Ballots are cast by the teams, current members of the NLL Hall of Fame and senior members of the league's media.
"I am honored to be recognized by my team, league and the Fans of the National Lacrosse League," said Bergey. "To be nominated alongside these players, many of whom I battled against, is an honor in itself. I also want to congratulate the other nominees for this great honor."
"Jake was the cornerstone of our team for a long time," said Wings President and Owner Michael French. "He was a gritty playmaker, fan favorite and integral part of our two championship seasons. We are happy that Jake is being recognized by the NLL by being added to this Hall Of Fame ballot and we will always remember his contributions to our franchise."
Bergey, who played his entire 10 year NLL career with the Wings, finished as the team's second leading scorer in team history in goals and points (256 career goals, 557 points). He also ranks second overall in team history for assists (301 career assists). Bergey played in 133 regular season games and was a member of the 1998 and 2001 NLL Champion's Cup teams.
The Philadelphia Wings honored the prolific right-handed forward earlier this year by retiring his No. 66 jersey during a pre-game ceremony that was emceed by 97.5 The Fanatic radio personality Jon Marks on Saturday, February 8.
Season ticket plans for the 2015 season are available now by phone at 215-389-WING (9464) or online at WingsLAX.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from June 27, 2014
- Pat McCready a Finalist for NLL Hall of Fame - Rochester Knighthawks
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot - Philadelphia Wings
- Chris Hall on 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot - Vancouver Stealth
- Five Finalists Announced for NLL Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Ballot - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team