Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
Philadelphia, PA (July 11, 2014) - Ownership of the Philadelphia Wings, one of nine teams in the National Lacrosse League (NLL), plan to re-locate the franchise for the 2015 season. The organization is currently taking part in discussions with a new strategic partner for re-location, pending NLL Board of Governor approval.
Fans that have placed deposits or paid in full for the 2015 season will be issued a full refund in the same manner in which they were paid within seven days.
"My love for the Wings and my connection with the city has made this move all the more difficult," said Wings Owner and Team President Michael French. "I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of our Philadelphia supporters over the past 28 years.
"The financial model in a market with so many sport and entertainment alternatives has proven to be unsustainable," added French. "Finding a new venue with new strategic partners was the only way to ensure financial stability."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 11, 2014
- Poland Soars to Opening Victory - Rochester Knighthawks
- Knighthawks Supporting Empire State Cup - Rochester Knighthawks
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise - Philadelphia Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team