First Responders Home Run Derby this Weekend at Clipper Magazine Stadium
Life's real all-stars have the chance at their own Home Run Derby.
This Saturday, October 24, area first responders will have the opportunity to compete for their favorite first responder charities in a hitting contest at Clipper Magazine Stadium, sponsored by T-Mobile and the Lancaster Barnstormers.
The derby will consist of four divisions: police, firefighters, EMS/Emergency Call Center and active military and veterans. In the first round, each contestant will get 15 swings and accumulate points from a distance-based scoring system. Three competitors from each division will advance, battling for cash donations to individually-selected first responder charities that will range from $250 to a top prize of $1,500. Contestants will have the option to bring their own pitcher or take their cuts off a provided pitcher.
Festivities will get underway at the ballpark at 10:00. Interested parties may register online at https://www.lancasterbarnstormers.com/first-responders-home-run-derby/ Registration is free.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from October 21, 2020
- First Responders Home Run Derby this Weekend at Clipper Magazine Stadium - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lancaster Barnstormers Stories
- Barnstormers Receive Additional Awards from the Atlantic League
- The Christmas Spirit Light Show Returns Saturday, November 27 to Clipper Magazine Stadium
- Barnstormers Release 2022 Schedule
- Clipper Magazine Stadium Has Vibrant 2021
- Barnstormers Romp in Finale