Fever Acquire Guard in Trade with Atlanta Dream
January 16, 2023 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) - Indiana Fever News Release
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever announced today the team has acquired guard Kristy Wallace from the Atlanta Dream. In exchange, Indiana agreed to trade veteran Danielle Robinson to Atlanta.
"Kristy has demonstrated true resilience and real success at every step of her career, and the toughness and experience she brings will be incredibly important to our team this season," said Fever coach Christie Sides.
Drafted with the 16th overall pick in 2018 by the Dream following a strong career at Baylor, Wallace overcame injuries to help lead Australia's national team to its second-consecutive Bronze Medal at the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup. She then joined the Southside Flyers of Australia's WNBL for the 2021-2022 season before returning to the Dream for the 2022 campaign.
During her senior year at Baylor, Wallace took home a number of awards and recognitions for her performance on and off the court. A unanimous All-Big 12 player in 2018, she was also selected to the conference's All-Defensive Team and All-Academic Teams, the WBCA All-Region 3 Team, and the WBCA All-America Honorable Mention Team.
Danielle Robinson joined the Fever ahead of the 2021 season, a WNBA veteran of more than a decade whose experience and on-court energy helped the team's up-and-coming players adjust to the professional ranks.
"Danielle has been a remarkable player for us, a leader on the court who always demonstrated a passion for our community, too," said Lin Dunn, Fever interim general manager. "We are grateful to her for all she did for our franchise, and we wish her the very best moving forward."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from January 16, 2023
- Fever Acquire Guard in Trade with Atlanta Dream - Indiana Fever
- Connecticut Sun Acquire Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Jasmine Walker and Rights to Kianna Smith - Connecticut Sun
- Dallas Wings Acquire Natasha Howard and Crystal Dangerfield - Dallas Wings
- Connecticut Sun Acquire Rebecca Allen, Tyasha Harris and the No. 6 Pick in a Three-Team Trade - Connecticut Sun
- New York Liberty Acquire Frontcourt Duo of Jonquel Jones and Kayla Thornton in Three-Team Deal - New York Liberty
- Lynx Forward Maya Moore Announces her Retirement from the WNBA - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Indiana Fever Add Paul Miller as Assistant Coach
- Indiana Fever to Host 2023 Fever Draft Party Presented by Anthem at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Monday, April 10
- Indiana Fever Re-Sign Veteran Forward Emma Cannon
- Indiana Fever Re-Sign Veteran Guard Victoria Vivians
- Indiana Fever Sign Three Players to Training Camp Contracts