FC Dallas Promotes Marco Ferruzzi to First Assistant Coach
FRISCO, Texas (Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012) - FC Dallas has promoted long-time assistant Marco Ferruzzi to first assistant coach, the club announced today.
"First assistant is a logical progression for an assistant coach who has done as well as Marco," said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. "He has developed a lot of respect among his peers and shown the qualities we expect out of our first assistant coach. We are very excited to have him continue to grow in his role with FC Dallas. This puts him on the path to one day be considered for an MLS head coaching position."
Ferruzzi served as head coach of the FC Dallas Reserves in 2012, guiding the squad to a 6-3-1 record. The FC Dallas reserves finished the season in second place of the MLS Reserve League's Central/Mountain Division. The 20 points earned in 2012 was the fifth-best total in the19-team MLS Reserve League this season.
On a day-to-day basis, Ferruzzi assists in running practices for the FC Dallas first team, evaluating players and scouting college and youth prospects.
"Marco has earned the opportunity to go in any direction he wants in the coaching ranks," said FC Dallas Technical Director Fernando Clavijo. "He has a lot of experience behind him right now. He has learned a lot from all of our coaches at FC Dallas. This is a great opportunity for him to continue to grow."
A professional player in the various levels of United Soccer Leagues between 1993 and 2004, Ferruzzi played 19 games for the Tampa Bay Mutiny during the 1997 MLS season. The San Antonio, Texas, native played collegiate soccer at the University of North Carolina before being selected sixth overall in the 1997 MLS Supplemental Draft by Tampa Bay.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 20, 2012
- Arena, Teammates Laud Beckham - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Pair of Early Signings Gives Revs Offseason Jumpstart - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Goalkeeper Chris Seitz Named MLS W.O.R.K.S. Humanitarian of the Year - MLS
- D.C. United Reserve Match against Toronto FC Cancelled - D.C. United
- Sady Gets to Make His Case - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Signs Defender Dejan Jakovic to New Contract - D.C. United
- Maxime Crépeau and Zakaria Messoudi Join Canada - Montreal Impact
- Sporting Kansas City's Matt Besler Wins Defender of the Year - MLS
- Matt Besler Named MLS Defender of the Year - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Promotes Marco Ferruzzi to First Assistant Coach - FC Dallas
- CCL: Galaxy, Dynamo join SJ, SKC in 2013-14 tournament - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.