FC Dallas Celebrates the Class of 2020 with a Virtual Graduation for More Than 250 FCD High School Seniors
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas celebrated the graduating class of 2020 tonight with its first-ever Virtual Graduation presented by Chase from 7-8PM CT. The ceremony was streamed live online at FCDallas.com/ClassOf2020 as many high school graduations were cancelled or had to pivot because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"From the challenges we're all facing to the dedication these student-athletes showcased to play soccer at such a high level, the class of 2020 will be known for its resilience and sacrifice during these times," said FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez.
The class of 2020 had the full high school graduation experience with former MLS player and current ESPN host Taylor Twellman delivering the commencement address. FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez and FC Dallas President Dan Hunt also addressed the graduates while FC Dallas midfielder Tanner Tessmann spoke on behalf of the 2020 graduating class.
FC Dallas, in partnership with Chase and CoServ, awarded four student-athletes with $20,000 in scholarships. Bryan Bayles, who will attend Brigham Young University, and Genaye Sanders, who will attend University of Houston, each received a $5,000 scholarship on behalf of Chase. Ryan Hogg, who was appointed to the United States Naval Academy, and Mariella Stephens, who will attend University of Arkansas-Little Rock, each received a $5,000 scholarship on behalf of CoServ.
"We are honored to celebrate the accomplishments of this year's graduating class of FC Dallas student-athletes," said Pete Chilian, Market Manager for J.P. Morgan's Private Banking division in Dallas. "Chase is proud to partner with the FC Dallas Youth program and these student-athletes who have shown us all how to build character through soccer. 2020 seniors, we congratulate you and wish you all the best in your future careers and beyond!"
More than 250 high school seniors competed in the FC Dallas Youth program, Academy, North Texas SC (Forward Gibran Rayo) and FC Dallas first team (Midfielder Tanner Tessmann) in 2020.
Toyota Stadium, the home of FC Dallas, is also honoring the class of 2020 with more than 250 personalized yard signs dotting the south side of Toyota Stadium which faces Main Street in Frisco, TX.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 27, 2020
- FC Dallas Celebrates the Class of 2020 with a Virtual Graduation for More Than 250 FCD High School Seniors - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Captain Nicolas Lodeiro and Frontline Worker Representatives Hoist Space Needle Flag as Part of "All in WA" - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and the LAFC Foundation to Host Second Black & Gold Blood Drive in Partnership with Banc of California - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami CF Participating in EduCup Challenge - Inter Miami CF
- Ingram Sees the Long Game in MLS Adventure - Nashville SC
- Final West End Stadium Seat Design Released; Choice Determined Via Fan Vote and Feedback - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Falls to Nashville SC 1-0 in First Match Since March
- #FCDvNSH: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Resumes MLS Play with Two Home Matches vs Nashville SC
- Goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez Contract Mutually Terminated
- Dallas Presents Host City Plan to FIFA for 2026 Fifa World Cup