FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: November 2, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are set to play the club's final match of the 2020 MLS regular season when they travel to play expansion side Inter Miami CF in a Decision Day match on Sunday, Nov. 8. All Eastern Conference matches will kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET, while all Western Conference matches will start at 6:30 p.m. ET.
FC Cincinnati (4-14-4, 16 pts.) enter the week following a 2-0 defeat to Atlanta United FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday night. Following the loss, the Orange and Blue were officially eliminated from contention for the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
Inter Miami CF (6-13-3, 21 pts.) open the week following a 2-1 loss to Toronto FC in Hartford, Conn. on Sunday night. Blaise Matuidi opened the scoring for the visitors, but a pair of second-half goals from TFC propelled the Reds to victory.
Exclusively online Warehouse Sale runs through November
FC Cincinnati have launched their annual Warehouse Sale exclusively online at ForCincyForClub.com starting today and running through November 30 ... The sale, which will include up to 50% off on select items, will provide FCC fans their last chance to get current t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, hats and more for men, women and children, all at discounted prices ... New items will be added weekly and various promotions are set to occur throughout the month including flash sales, gifts with purchases and mystery bags ...
Vazquez hits half-century mark
Forward Brandon Vazquez registered his 50th career MLS appearance in FC Cincinnati's match against Atlanta United FC on Nov. 1 ... Vazquez has made a single-season high 18 appearances in the 2020 MLS regular season ... in his career, Vazquez has scored five goals and has added three assists in four combined seasons with FC Cincinnati and Atlanta United FC
Medunjanin creates single-match high six chances
Midfielder Haris Medunjanin has been FC Cincinnati's leader in chances created throughout the regular season ... Medunjanin created six chances - the most from an FCC player in a single game this season - against Atlanta United FC on Nov. 1 ... the Orange and Blue recorded four shots on target but were unable to score in the match
Orange and Blue officially out of playoffs
FC Cincinnati were officially eliminated from contention for the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs following their loss to Atlanta United FC on Nov. 1 ... in 2020, 18 total clubs will compete in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs: 10 from East, 8 from West ... the complete playoff match schedule and postseason TV coverage will be announced at a later date.
FC Cincinnati will conclude the 2020 MLS regular season on Sunday, Nov. 8, when the club plays expansion side Inter Miami CF for the first time on Decision Day. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits are now being accepted for traditional reserved seating and The Bailey. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 2, 2020
- Timbers Forward Jaroslaw Niezgoda to Miss Remainder of Season - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Enters Final Week of Regular Season on Five-Match Unbeaten Run with a Playoff Berth Clinched - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 2, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids vs Portland Timbers FC: Keys to the Match: November 4, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution's Decision Day Match vs. Philadelphia Union to be Nationally Broadcast on ABC and ESPN Deportes - New England Revolution
- MLS Regular Season Culminates with High-Stakes Decision Day 2020 Presented by AT&T on November 8 - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- New York City FC Forward Valentin Castellanos Vote D MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- New York City FC Forward Valentin Castellanos Voted MLS Player of the Week - New York City FC
- Shinyashiki, Vines and Fraser on MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- CONCACAF Confirms Plans to Resume 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Los Angeles FC
- It Starts with a Goal: the Stories Behind Seven Inspiring Young Canadians in the Whitecaps FC BMO Academy System - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CONCACAF Confirms Plans to Resume 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League December 15-22 - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: November 2, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville Soccer Club Adds Elevate Sports Ventures to Lead Premium Hospitality Solutions and Marketing in Dynamic Partnership with Ticketmaster - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Real Salt Lake 1 - Sunday, November 1, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Eliminated from Postseason Contention in 2-1 Loss - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Falls 3-1 at Colorado Rapids - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Record 1-0 Win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Portland Timbers
- 'Caps fall to Timbers, face possible must-win scenario next week - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Colorado Rapids Topple Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Add Four Players in 2021 MLS SuperDraft, Select Calvin Harris with Second Overall Pick
- FC Cincinnati Acquire International Roster Spot from Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Free Agent Goalkeeper Cody Cropper
- FC Cincinnati Sign Winger Ben Mines
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Costa Rica International Defender Ronald Matarrita from New York City FC