FC Cincinnati Announce Remaining Roster Decisions
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati today announced the remaining four roster decisions regarding the current 2019 roster. The Orange and Blue will execute the contract options for D Logan Gdula and D Hassan Ndam, decline the contract option for D Forrest Lasso and decline the loan purchase option for M Derrick Etienne Jr.
In addition to the roster decisions that FC Cincinnati previously announced on October 9, the club now has 24 players under contract ahead of the 2020 MLS season.
On Saturday, Nov. 16, all clubs who are required to make players available in the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft will submit their lists of up to 12 protected players to the league. On Sunday, Nov. 17, MLS will release the list of players available for selection by Nashville SC and Inter Miami CF in the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft, which will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 19. Each team can select up to five current players from other MLS teams, and no more than one player per team can be selected overall.
Following the MLS Expansion Draft will be the Waiver Draft, allowing potentially more movement of players from team to team.
Later in the fall, the league will also conduct Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft, which allows players whose options were declined or who are out of contract to connect with new teams. Stage 1 selections are added to teams' rosters at their previously contracted 2020 salary, while Stage 2 selections can negotiate with teams for new contracts provided the club makes a bona fide offer. Any player not selected in the Re-Entry Draft is then free to sign with a new club.
FC Cincinnati roster by position:
Goalkeepers (4): Jimmy Hague, Ben Lundt, Spencer Richey, PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ
Defenders (9): Mathieu Deplagne, Greg Garza, Logan Gdula, Andrew Gutman, Nick Hagglund, Hassan Ndam, Alvas Powell, Maikel van der Werff, Kendall Waston
Midfielders (7): Fatai Alashe, Frankie Amaya, Leonardo Bertone, Allan Cruz, Joseph-Claude Gyau, Tommy McCabe, Caleb Stanko
Forwards (4): Fanendo Adi, Rashawn Dally, Kekuta Manneh, Darren Mattocks
FC Cincinnati will return to the field in early 2020 for their second MLS season. Deposits are now being accepted for 2020 Season Ticket Memberships by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK) or at fccincinnati.com/tickets. A single $50 deposit grants access to purchase season tickets in 2020, and the deposit will be applied to the full cost of 2020 Season Tickets. A 2020 Season Ticket Membership also secures fans' place on the club's priority list, which will be utilized when sales begin in the new West End Stadium for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 14, 2019
- Sounders FC Announces Community Cup Tour for Its Two MLS Cup Championship Trophies - Seattle Sounders FC
- Mike Jacobs Becomes Major League Soccer Puppet Master Ahead of 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Dax McCarty Finds Familiar Faces in Brand-New Nashville SC Squad - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire Receives $75,000 in General Allocation Money from Inter Miami FC - Chicago Fire
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Defender Grant Lillard from the Chicago Fire - Inter Miami
- Inter Miami CF to Make Historic MLS Home Debut on March 14, 2020 - Inter Miami
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Midfielder Jay Chapman from Toronto FC - Inter Miami
- FC Cincinnati Announce Remaining Roster Decisions - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Announce 2019 Team Award Winners - New York City FC
- Thierry Henry Named Head Coach of the Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year
- FC Cincinnati Select Defender Saad Abdul-Salaam in Stage 2 of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process
- FC Cincinnati Expand Ownership Group, Add California's Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh
- FC Cincinnati Select Midfielder Haris Medunjanin in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Draft