FC Cincinnati Announce Protected List for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati today announced their protected list for the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft, which will be conducted at 5:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Nov. 19, and streamed live at mlssoccer.com.
During the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft, incoming clubs Inter Miami CF and Nashville SC may add up to five players to their rosters in preparation for their inaugural 2020 season. However, only a single player can be drafted from any one club.
The full list of all players available for selection by Miami and Nashville is available at mlssoccer.com.
FC Cincinnati Protected List:
Maikel van der Werff
Automatically protected FC Cincinnati players:
Frankie Amaya (Generation Adidas)
Andrew Gutman (Homegrown Player)
The following five teams, who had players selected by FC Cincinnati during the 2018 MLS Expansion Draft, are exempt from the 2019 Expansion Draft: D.C. United, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo and New York Red Bulls.
The other 19 returning MLS clubs that competed during the 2019 season can protect up to 12 players from their rosters on top of any additional players who are automatically protected.
If a club has a player claimed by either Miami or Nashville in Tuesday's Expansion Draft, that team will receive $50,000 in General Allocation Money.
For an FCC Draft Guide detailing the 2019 Expansion Draft, 2019 Re-Entry Draft and the 2020 MLS SuperDraft, click here. In addition, full MLS Expansion Draft rules are available here.
FC Cincinnati will return to the field in early 2020 for their second MLS season. Deposits are now being accepted for 2020 Season Ticket Memberships by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK) or at fccincinnati.com/tickets. A single $50 deposit grants access to purchase season tickets in 2020, and the deposit will be applied to the full cost of 2020 Season Tickets. A 2020 Season Ticket Membership also secures fans' place on the club's priority list, which will be utilized when sales begin in the new West End Stadium for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2019
- Eligible Player List Announced for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - Inter Miami CF
- Eligible Player List Announced for 2019 Major League Soccer Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Announce Protected List for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake Announces 24 Players Protected in 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Announce Protected List for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - FC Cincinnati
- Sporting Unveils List of Protected Players for Expansion Draft - Sporting Kansas City
- New York City FC Submit Protected List for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - New York City FC
- List of Protected Players by Impact Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City SC Announces 2019 MLS Expansion Draft Protected List - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Announced Protected Player List Ahead of 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Announces Protected Players in Advance of 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - Chicago Fire
- Eligible Player List Announced for 2019 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season
- Gyau scores first FCC goal as Orange and Blue conclude 2020 MLS season
- Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Discovery Program Dates
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: November 2, 2020