Father Sarducci of SNL to bless 'Wheelers
If following football is almost a religious experience for you then you need to read on. The April 18th Wilkes-Barre Scranton Pioneers vs. the Quad City Steamwheelers pre-game tailgate party (a.k.a. Rockin on the Riverside) wont only be rockin, it will have you praying and laughing all at the same time.
Dont miss the Good Friday Fish Fry with the Fry Daddies, exclusively at Johnnies Italian Steakhouse (directly across from The MARK), featuring a very divine guest for the evening. The legendary Father Sarducci of Saturday Night Live TV will be making a special pilgrimage to bless the fish fry personally along with bestowing blessings on devout Steamwheelers fans and giving out his Good Friday rosary (Mardi Gras style) football beads which he says, will help the Steamwheelers win their battle against the Pioneers.
Father Sarucci will then make the walk across River Drive to The MARK and bless the game ball and the game itself.
The game is scheduled to kickoff at 7:30 p.m. at The MARK of the Quad Cities, with the Wheelers going to battle with the Pioneers. One of the Pioneers founding fathers was the late Johnny Unitas, who was a partial owner who is from the area, and helped get the team started.
Good tickets are still available for the game. Tickets can be purchased at The MARKs box office , online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone 563.324.1111. Also, it is still not too late to get your Pick 5 season tickets. You pick the five games that you want to go to all for as low as $25.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 11, 2003
- Xplorers Assigned QB - Memphis Xplorers
- af2 Saturday Matchups - af2
- New TV Show to Highlight Mohegan Wolves and Arena Football - Mohegan Wolves
- Father Sarducci of SNL to bless 'Wheelers - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Stealth to Face off Against Talons - Wichita Stealth
- Brigade Seek First Win in Second Game of Season - Rochester Brigade
- Wolves Look to Stay Perfect in 2003 - Mohegan Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.