Fast Start Carries Wolves Past Hustle
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (18-14) used a 41-point first quarter to defeat the Memphis Hustle (15-21) 109-98 Tuesday morning at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Wolves shot 61.9% from the floor and recorded a season-high 41 first-quarter points. Iowa finished a point shy of breaking the team's previous season-high of points scored in any quarter (42), set in the third quarter against the Oklahoma City Blue on Jan. 2.
Elijah Millsap finished with a game-high 26 points on 5-of-12 shooting from the floor, including a team-high four three-pointers made. Millsap was 12-for-15 from the free throw line.
Amile Jefferson picked up his league-leading 23rd double-double of the season, contributing with 21 points, 11 rebounds, five assists and three steals.
The Hustle outscored the Wolves in the final three quarters of play, but failed to ever cut the lead to a single possession.
Melo Trimble followed up his first professional double-double on Saturday night with 19 points, nine rebounds, six assists and four steals against Memphis.
All five starters finished in double figures for the Wolves, who played with only nine players on the active roster.
Omari Johnson finished with a team-high 25 points for Memphis and shot 6-of-14 from deep. Shaquille Thomas added a season-high 22 points for the Hustle.
Marquis Teague and Trahson Burrell were each ejected during today's contest for the Hustle.
The Wolves travel for three road contests in the next five days, beginning with a day game on Thursday against the Austin Spurs at 11:00 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 6, 2018
- Memphis Hustle to host Faith and Family Night presented by Belhaven University - Memphis Hustle
- 87ers Stomp Clippers - Delaware Blue Coats
- Beau Biden Foundation on crusade to protect our youth - Delaware Blue Coats
- Reno Bests Texas in Offensive Matchup - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Hand Texas a Loss in Front of Sellout Crowd - Reno Bighorns
- Fast Start Carries Wolves Past Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Ivica Zubac from South Bay - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Justin Patton Injury Update
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams
- Timberwolves Convert Amile Jefferson to Standard NBA Contract
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Amile Jefferson Breaks NBA G League Single Season Double Double Record in Wolves Season Finale