Falcons Sign Goaltender Mike Brusseau - Protsenko Returns
FRESNO, Calif. With Fresno Falcons goaltender Nolan Schaefer still called-up to the American Hockey Leagues Cleveland Barons, the club signed fifth-year goaltender Mike Brusseau today. He will join goaltender Dave Marlin on the Falcons active roster when the team returns from the ECHL All-Star Break tomorrow against the Bakersfield Condors as fellow netminder Terry Friesen was placed on 7-day injured reserve on Jan. 19.
A native of Detroit, Brusseau played collegiate hockey at both Michigan State and Lake Superior State before turning pro in 1999-00 with the Saginaw Gears of the United Hockey League. Falcons fans might remember Brusseau from the 2001-02 campaign, which he spent with the now defunct Tacoma Sabercats of the West Coast Hockey League, for whom he went 17-22-2 with a 3.06 goals against average and .905 save percentage. He most recently played the past year and a half with the Lubbock Cotton Kings of the Central Hockey League, where he posted a record of 26-30-8 with a 3.41 goals against average and .894 save percentage.
Earlier in the week on Jan. 20, the Falcons also had forward Boris Protsenko returned to them from the AHLs Houston Aeros. Protsenko saw action in two games for the Aeros last weekend. He failed to register a point but did rack up 14 minutes in penalties.
The first 3,000 fans at Fridays game versus the Condors at Save Mart Center will receive a Falcons baseball cap courtesy of Eye Q Vision Care. Tickets for the game are still available for as little as $8 and can be purchased at the Save Mart Center box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, which include select Save Mart Supermarkets, Tower Records, Wherehouse Music and Ritmo Latino locations, charged by phone at 485-TIXS or bought online by clicking the Ticketmaster icon throughout www.fresnofalcons.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 22, 2004
- Las Vegas Wranglers Mid-Season Review - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Falcons Sign Goaltender Mike Brusseau - Protsenko Returns - Fresno Falcons
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Titans Trade for Kindle, Get Deschenes - Trenton Devils
- Vychodil Placed on Waivers - Greensboro Generals
- WWE's Jerry the King Lawler to Visit Titans - Trenton Devils
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- East Rallies for All-Star Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Snowden Impressive in ECHL All-Star Game, Wildcatters Ready for Round 2 with IceGators - Texas Wildcatters
- Sea Wolves In The Community On Saturda - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Kindle Traded to Trenton for Cash - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers Begin Three-Game Homestand this Weekend - Charlotte Checkers
- Stingrays Shift Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bullies Add Depth To Blue Line - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Cloutier Called Up to Houston of the AHL - Louisiana IceGators
- East Tops West 7-6 In ECHL All-Star Game - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.