Falcons Set To Open Their Ball Hockey Schedule
The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today they will host their second annual Ball Hockey Challenge against members of the media on Wednesday, May 26 from 7 pm - 8 pm at the outdoor rink at Amelia Park in Westfield. The event is open to the public and individuals attending are encouraged to bring either a non-perishable food item or clothing item that will benefit food and clothing shelters throughout Westfield.
The Falcons team will consist of members of the front office staff, as well as Falcons President and General Manager Bruce Landon. The Media All-Star squad will be comprised of members of the local media including personalities from ABC 40, WWLP TV 22, CBS 3, Clear Channel Communications, Reminder Publications, Turley Publications, WEEI Radio and The Springfield Republican.
"We are really excited about this annual event because it's something unique that we have put together to have some fun during the off-season," said Landon. "We have built up so many strong relationships with our local media throughout the Pioneer Valley and this gives us a chance to say thank you to individuals who support us on a regular basis."
The Falcons continue to offer a variety of affordable season ticket packages for the 2010-2011 campaign. Ticket plans range from all 40 home games to a selection of mini plans including 22 and 12 game plans. The Falcons also offer Flex Packs in denominations of 40 games and 10 games. For more information, call the Falcons Office at 413-739-3344.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 19, 2010
- Graham Sends Stars Past Bulldogs in OT, Texas Trims Series Lead to 2-1 - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Hockey Club T-Shirts 50% Off until End of May - Rockford IceHogs
- Wednesday's Game Postponed, Double Header Thursday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barons coming to Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blues Re-Sign Adam Cracknell - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins' Paek To Read To School Children On Thursday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lake Monster For A Day Contest/Join Champ's Kids Club - Cleveland Monsters
- Worchester Sharks Raise Over $100,000 For Charities - Worcester Sharks
- Texas Hosts Hamilton Tonight - Texas Stars
- Senators Sign Forward Ryan Keller To One-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Penquins Sign Over Deryk Engelland To One-Year Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Race to the Calder Cup Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Set To Open Their Ball Hockey Schedule - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.