Senators Sign Forward Ryan Keller To One-Year Contract
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 19, 2010) - The Ottawa Senators announced today they have re-signed forward Ryan Keller to a one-year, two-way contract.
A native of Saskatoon, Keller spent the majority of the 2009-10 season with Ottawa's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. In 72 games with the B-Sens, Keller led the team with 34 goals and ranked second with 68 points.
Keller, 26, was recalled to the Senators on two occasions, making his NHL debut in the team's 3-1 loss at New Jersey on Nov. 25. In a total of six NHL contests, he was held scoreless while averaging 6:12 of time-on-ice per game.
Originally signed by the Senators on May 22, 2009, Keller spent the previous two seasons playing for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite League (SM-liiga). In 54 games with the Blues in 2008-09, he led the team in goals (21), assists (34) and points (55).
The 5-10, 186-pound right-winger has played 142 professional games over parts of three seasons with the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins, Syracuse Crunch and the B-Sens, recording 49 goals, 51 assists and 102 penalty minutes.
Keller spent his entire major junior career with his hometown Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. In four seasons, from 2001-02 to 2004-05, he played 257 games, registering 120 goals and 117 assists for 237 points while amassing 283 penalty minutes. He led the team in scoring in all but his first season. Before concluding his junior career, he captained Team Saskatchewan at the 2005 Centennial Challenge in Lloydminster, Alta.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 19, 2010
- Graham Sends Stars Past Bulldogs in OT, Texas Trims Series Lead to 2-1 - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Hockey Club T-Shirts 50% Off until End of May - Rockford IceHogs
- Wednesday's Game Postponed, Double Header Thursday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Barons coming to Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons
- Blues Re-Sign Adam Cracknell - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins' Paek To Read To School Children On Thursday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lake Monster For A Day Contest/Join Champ's Kids Club - Cleveland Monsters
- Worchester Sharks Raise Over $100,000 For Charities - Worcester Sharks
- Texas Hosts Hamilton Tonight - Texas Stars
- Senators Sign Forward Ryan Keller To One-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Penquins Sign Over Deryk Engelland To One-Year Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Race to the Calder Cup Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Set To Open Their Ball Hockey Schedule - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.