Enforcers Sweep Season Series Against Dashers with 6-4 Win
The Enforcers came into Friday night with the chance to sweep a Western division opponent on the season with a win and push a six game to a seven game winning streak.
Elmira got off on the right foot with two goals in the first period as Hudson Michaelis and Andrew Harrison both continued to ride momentum for the Enforcers. The Enforcers were able to stymie attack after attack from the Dashers early and take their 2-0 lead to the locker room.
The second period saw Stepan Timofeyev keep the train rolling and put Elmira up 3-0 5:48 into the period before Danville came back strong and were able to put three unanswered on the board to take the game into the third period with a tie score, which had been a negative for the Enforcers coming into tonight as they had gone 4-5 in games going tied into the third period.
Former Enforcer Mitch Atkins put the Dashers ahead for the first time in the game at 5:07 into the third period, but just 2:05 later Elmira's Kyle Stevens smacked home the tying goal. The Enforcers found their momentum again as Michaelis scored again and the newest Enforcer Spencer Carter was able to tally a goal in his first game with the team to give them the insurance marker.
Troy Passingham stopped 48 of 52 for the win.
Elmira will be back in action on Thursday night, March 5th as they host the Mentor Ice Breakers at 7:05 pm. Make sure you get your tickets early for an in conference matchup by calling at 607-734-PUCK!
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Prowlers Explode in Third, Sweep Ice Breakers 7-3 - Port Huron Prowlers
- Prowlers Top Ice Breakers 7-4, Portillo Nets His 20th - Port Huron Prowlers
- Ice Breakers Make Positive Strides In Loss To Prowlers - Mentor Ice Breakers
- Thunder Erupt for Huge Win - Delaware Thunder
- Wolves Win in Shootout - Watertown Wolves
- Enforcers Sweep Season Series Against Dashers with 6-4 Win - Elmira Enforcers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.