Energy FC Sign Another Local OKC Player
OKLAHOMA CITY - Energy FC have signed goalkeeper Harrison Bouma to an academy contract, Head Coach Steve Cooke announced today. Bouma, currently a goalkeeper for the Oklahoma Energy Football Club '00 team, recently moved back to Oklahoma City after being part of Sporting Kansas City's Development Academy in 2017 and 2018.
Bouma's academy contract is the first in Energy FC history and will allow him to train and play with the first team without forfeiting his collegiate eligibility.
"We're delighted for Harrison", said Cooke. "He comes to us having spent some time with Sporting Kansas City 's academy. We invited him in to train with us because we feel that he can give us a great deal in training every day, and now, he's earned himself an academy contract. His attitude and commitment to getting better every single day epitomizes the type of mentality we want in this group."
Bouma is enjoying his time with Energy FC so far and is happy to be reunited with goalkeepers coach Alexis Vizarelis.
"I've known Alexi since I was 10 or 11, and it's been unbelievable working with him again as well as the goalkeepers. Byars and Laurendi are great and so are the rest of the guys. Everyone has been so welcoming, and they really make you feel like part of the team."
The addition of Bouma brings the number of players signed for the 2019 season to 21.
He joins goalkeepers Cody Laurendi and Bryan Byars; defenders Atiba Harris, Christian Ibeagha, Kyle Hyland, Drew Beckie, Mekeil Williams, Nicolas Taravel, Max Gunderson and Amer Sasivarevic; midfielders Marco Bustos, Callum Ross, Rafael Garcia, Josh Garcia and Kal Okot; and forwards Alexy Bosetti, Deshorn Brown, Cordell Cato, Omar Gordon and Christian Eissele.
Energy FC begin the 2019 season on the road against expansion club El Paso Locomotive FC Saturday, March 9. The first home match will be against Las Vegas Lights FC Saturday, March 16 at Taft Stadium.
Images from this story
Oklahoma Energy Football Club goalkeeper Harrison Bouma
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 12, 2019
- Riverhounds Development Academy Holds 2019 Signing Day Celebration - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Returns Home After Week at IMG Academy - Nashville SC
- Energy FC Sign Another Local OKC Player - OKC Energy FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Signs Attacking Midfielder Luis Palma - Real Monarchs SLC
- Fresno FC Signs Former MLS Winger Jackson - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Rounds up Staff Team with Less Than 30 Days to Go Until Season Opener - Ottawa Fury FC
- Loudoun United FC Acquire Calle Brown and Omar Milton Campos - Loudoun United
- Republic FC Expand Local TV Broadcasts to Record Number of Matches for 2019 Season - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City Hires Howie Lindsey - Louisville City FC
- MLS Mainstay, Mansally Added to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Former U.S. Soccer Coach Clint Peay Joins North Carolina FC Coaching Staff - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.