Louisville City Hires Howie Lindsey
LOUISVILLE - Louisville City FC is excited to announce Howie Lindsey as its new Director of Public Relations.
"The fact that we can bring someone into the front office with the character and reputation of Howie Lindsey speaks volumes about where Lou City is heading," Louisville City President Brad Estes said. "We believe Howie is the perfect person to take us to the next level, and we could not be happier."
As Director of Public Relations, Howie will coordinate Louisville City's media relations, promote the Club's remarkable success in its short history and provide a familiar public face for Louisville City's club efforts to lead our community's booming soccer culture.
"The opportunity to join the building progress with Louisville City was too good to pass up for my family and I," Howie said. "I can't wait to help launch the new stadium in Butchertown and to help connect all parts of our community to this incredible club and to help LouCity tell the next chapter of its remarkable story."
Currently the morning drive host on 790 KRD, the most powerful sports radio station in the state, and editor of CardinalSports.com, Howie will begin work immediately to help prepare Louisville City for the upcoming 2019 season.
"I am excited to announce a new direction," Howie said. "In the next few weeks I'll be transitioning off the airwaves at 790 KRD, but I want to be clear: I loved my time with the iHeart Radio team and my team at 790 KRD. Our station has a very bright future with the team Earl Jones and Company has assembled. I thank the thousands of you who made our morning show a success.
"You'll still find me tweeting and writing about the Cards on CardinalSports.com, and I hope Louisville and Kentucky fans will join me at Louisville City games this Spring and Summer as Coach Hackworth and the Boys in Purple take the field to defend their title - again."
Howie has been working in Louisville media since 2003, covering the Louisville Cardinals for the Louisville SportsReport and CardinalSports.com. In addition to work in print and on the web, Howie also was a co-host on the long-running TV sports-weekly Red and Blue Review. He has been the host of Louisville 1st on 790 KRD since 2016. Howie and his wife, Stasia, have four children.
LouCity's 34-game slate begins on Saturday, March 9 with a trip to North Carolina FC, which will be one of all 34 games shown on WBKI-CW. Los Morados will open the home portion of their 17 games in Louisville on Saturday, March 23, also to be shown on WBKI-CW.
Fans interested in catching LouCity's home debut and the remaining 16 games at Slugger Field can purchase 2019 Season Ticket Member packages by calling (502) LOU-CITY or online at louisvillecityfc.com/seasontickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 12, 2019
- Riverhounds Development Academy Holds 2019 Signing Day Celebration - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Returns Home After Week at IMG Academy - Nashville SC
- Energy FC Sign Another Local OKC Player - OKC Energy FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Signs Attacking Midfielder Luis Palma - Real Monarchs SLC
- Fresno FC Signs Former MLS Winger Jackson - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Rounds up Staff Team with Less Than 30 Days to Go Until Season Opener - Ottawa Fury FC
- Loudoun United FC Acquire Calle Brown and Omar Milton Campos - Loudoun United
- Republic FC Expand Local TV Broadcasts to Record Number of Matches for 2019 Season - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City Hires Howie Lindsey - Louisville City FC
- MLS Mainstay, Mansally Added to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Former U.S. Soccer Coach Clint Peay Joins North Carolina FC Coaching Staff - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- LouCity's Matsoso, Magnussen Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- LouCity Scores 8 Unanswered Goals in Wild 8-3 Win
- Pink Match: LouCity Honors Those in the Fight against Breast Cancer
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts Its Final Regular-Season Home Match
- LouCity's 10-Game Unbeaten Streak Ends in Nashville