Ellis Named QMJHL Goaltender of the Month
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced it's Players of the Month for January yesterday. Following a pair of sparkling starts between the pipes, Charlottetown Islanders netminder and St. Louis Blues prospect Colten Ellis was named the Goaltender of the Month.
GOALTENDER OF THE MONTH
Colten Ellis - Charlottetown Islanders - 2-0-0-0, 0.50 GAA, .982 SV%, 1 SO
Wherever he goes, winning seems to follow Colten Ellis. The latest beneficiary for the netminder's winning ways is Charlottetown, where the 20-year-old from Whycocomagh, Nova Scotia started the new year in style. On January 29th, he appeared between the pipes for the first time in two and a half months. By the time the night was over, he had made the 21 saves and the Isles had a 2-0 shutout victory over Cape Breton. Two days later, he kicked aside 35 shots to deliver a 5-1 victory over the Mooseheads in Halifax.
The victory over the Eagles represented the 13th shutout of Ellis' outstanding major junior career, tied for seventh best all-time. The current league leader in wins, goals against average and save percentage, Ellis has started the year with 11 straight triumphs, just one shy of tying the QMJHL record originally set 48 years ago.
Congratulations to Colten on the accomplishment!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2021
- Schedule Updated for the 4th P.E. - QMJHL
- Vladislav Kotkov Arrives in Saint John - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Ellis Named QMJHL Goaltender of the Month - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Isles and Titan Kick off President's Cup Playoff Run Today
- Ocean 100, Eastlink to Bring Fans Playoff Action
- Islanders and PEI Brewing Company Team up for Playoff Watch Parties
- Maritimes Division Final to Move to Shawinigan
- Ellis and Desruisseaux Named QMJHL Players of the Month for April