El Paso Locomotive Renews Broadcast Partnership with KVIA for 12 Saturday Home Matches on the El Paso-Las Cruces CW
EL PASO, TX - El Paso Locomotive and KVIA/CW have renewed their successful partnership to broadcast locally all 12 of Locomotive's Saturday home matches throughout the 2020 season in a joint announcement on February 13, 2020. The CW will also broadcast three road matches including the Locomotive at New Mexico United on Saturday, March 21st at 7:30 p.m.
"We are excited to once again partner with the Locomotive to provide viewers with a quality broadcast of all 12 Saturdays and one Sunday home game this season," said KVIA-TV General Manager Kevin Lovell. "If you can't get to the games at Southwest University Park, they will be carried on the El Paso - Las Cruces CW. The CW network is available over-the-air and on all major cable and satellite outlets in the El Paso and Las Cruces TV market."
The 12 Saturday and one Sunday Locomotive matches will air live on El Paso - Las Cruces CW channels 13 (Spectrum), 388 (Comcast), 8 (DirecTV), 17 (Dish), 19 (AT&T). The El Paso - Las Cruces CW is available to everyone in the El Paso and Las Cruces region on 7.2 over the air.
Locomotive General Manager of Business Operations Andrew Forrest stated, "The power of having a local partner who is invested in local soccer cannot be understated. This offers all our fans in the region the opportunity to enjoy games when they are unable to make it to Southwest University Park. To be able to partner again for year two is important to our growth as a club."
This successful joint effort saw 12 games broadcast locally in 2019's wildly successful first season as well as the 2019 Western Conference Finals in Salt Lake City.
The broadcast team will once again be comprised of Duke Keith and Michael Balogun. The complementary wealth of soccer knowledge and expertise they bring to the table is unparalleled.
Keith has been an esteemed member of the El Paso media scene for more than 30 years having joined the El Paso Sports Hall of Fame this past May. He has served in various roles across multiple organizations, including play-by-play for ESPN, the El Paso Patriots, El Paso Rhinos, and UTEP Athletics.
Balogun played NCAA D1 soccer for the University of Akron, one of the most highly regarded programs in the country. He spent time with the United States Youth National Team and had stints with various professional clubs. He currently coaches the UTEP Women's Soccer Team and runs the Olympic Development Program sessions for U.S. Soccer in El Paso.
2020 TELEVISED MATCHES
March 14 vs Portland Timbers 2- 7:30 p.m.
March 21 at New Mexico United - 7:30 p.m.
April 4 vs LA Galaxy II- 7:30 p.m.
May 23 vs Real Monarchs- 7:30 p.m.
June 13 vs San Antonio FC- 7:30 p.m.
June 27 vs Tacoma Defiance- 7:30 p.m.
July 18 vs Las Vegas Lights FC- 7:30 p.m.
July 25 vs Sacramento Republic- 7:30 p.m.
August 8 vs Phoenix Rising- 7:30 p.m.
August 22 vs Orange County SC- 7:30 p.m.
September 5 vs FC Tulsa- 7:30 p.m.
September 12 vs New Mexico United- 7:30 p.m.
October 17 vs Austin Bold- 7:30 p.m.
Our first home match is 30 days away on March 14th! Fans interested in attending our 17 home matches can purchase tickets at eplocomotivefc.com/tickets or at our box offices at Southwest University Park. Purchase your tickets in advance for savings on day of game prices.
Season Ticket Memberships and Group Tickets are still available and can be purchased at https://www.eplocomotivefc.com/ticket or by calling or texting 915-235-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 14, 2020
- Tacoma Defiance Forward Alec Diaz Called into Puerto Rican U-20 National Team - Tacoma Defiance
- Rowdies Welcome Pinnie the Pelican to Mascot Family - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Tessa Dellarose to Participate in U-16 GNT UEFA Development Tournament - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Match Preview: Suncoast Invitational Day One - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Phoenix Rising Opens 2020 Visit Tucson Sun Cup with Columbus Crew SC - Phoenix Rising FC
- Jesus Ibarra Signs with Charleston Battery - Charleston Battery
- FC Tulsa Unveils 2020 Kits Alongside Multiyear Partnership with adidas - FC Tulsa
- Local Miami FC Players Look Back at Memorable Weston Cup Moments - Miami FC
- LouCity's Academy Cup Team Heads to Florida - Louisville City FC
- El Paso Locomotive Renews Broadcast Partnership with KVIA for 12 Saturday Home Matches on the El Paso-Las Cruces CW - El Paso Locomotive FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- El Paso Locomotive FC Falls to Phoenix Rising FC in the Western Conference Final Behind 4-2 Penalty Shootout
- Locomotive FC Down Regional Rivals New Mexico to Reach Second Consecutive Western Conference Final
- El Paso Locomotive FC Dominates FC Tulsa in Penalty Shootout
- El Paso Locomotive FC Western Conference Quarterfinal at Southwest University Park Sells Out
- El Paso Locomotive FC to Kickoff Second Consecutive Playoff Run at Southwest University Park