El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home After Toppling Number Two Fresno
EL PASO, TX - El Paso Locomotive FC topple the number two team in the West, Fresno FC and continue their #Push4Playoff campaign in heroic fashion. El Paso extend their winning streak to three consecutive matches after defeating Fresno 2-1 tonight. El Paso have defeated two top four teams in the past five days.
The first goal of the night came from defender Chiro Ntoko (his first of the season) who pounced on a loose ball at the top of Fresno's box after a failed corner clearance. Ntoko stepped to the ball and sent his right foot through it with pace, delivering it into the back of the Fresno net. The Foxes would answer with one of their own in the 66th minute but it wouldn't be enough to stop the thundering Locomotive.
"We are keeping this momentum going as long as our players are healthy. We are going to continue playing well and getting points. Right now, it's a good moment and we want to continue with this. You have to do a great job of being in that moment, the ecstasy and the lows. Tomorrow we focus on Reno," commented Coach Mark Lowry
El Paso's final goal came in the waning moments of the match when it appeared that things would end in a draw. Omar Salgado linked up with James Kiffe, finding him in the Fresno box. Kiffe hit a rocket of a volley at the keeper who was forced to make a save that sent the ball into traffic. Jerome Kiesewetter was on top of the ball in fractions of a second and only had to tap it into the net. The moment the ball crossed the line, all of Southwest University Park went into a state of mania. This was the third match in a row where Locomotive have scored in the 90th minute or later.
Locomotive are sitting in 8th place and are only one point outside of fourth place with a game in hand as they continue their #Push4Playoff campaign in the inaugural season.
El Paso Locomotive FC plays their next match at home on Thursday, October 10th against Austin. Season Ticket Memberships, Group Tickets, and Individual Match Tickets can be purchased at https://www.eplocomotivefc.com/ticket or by calling 915-235-GOAL!
Images from this story
El Paso Locomotive FC celebrate a goal against Fresno FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 3, 2019
- Match Preview vs. San Antonio FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Participating in Nashtoberfest in Richland Park this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC to Appear at A-Maize-Ing Mid-South Corn Maze - Memphis 901 FC
- Paradela Called up to Cuban National Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Nashville SC Participating in Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival this Saturday at Centennial Park - Nashville SC
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale October 5th as Orange County SC Gets Playoff Ready - Orange County SC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Las Vegas Lights FC as Playoff Push Continues - San Antonio FC
- North Carolina FC to Celebrate Career of Captain Austin da Luz on October 19 against Saint Louis FC - North Carolina FC
- Enzo Martinez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Charlotte Independence
- Independence Paint the Pitch Pink with Kick Breast Cancer Night Presented by Novant Health - Charlotte Independence
- Matt Real Named to USL Championship's 20 Under 20 - Philadelphia Union II
- LouCity Battles for Playoff Positioning - Louisville City FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Republic FC Come-From-Behind to Pick up a Point against LA Galaxy II - Sacramento Republic FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home After Toppling Number Two Fresno - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Fresno FC Drops Road Match at El Paso - Fresno FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- El Paso Locomotive FC Brings Back Two More Players from the Inaugural Season, Memo Diaz and Moses Makinde
- El Paso Locomotive Renews Local Standout, Louis "Chapa" Herrera's Contract for the 2020 Season
- MEDIA RELEASE - El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Season Schedule
- El Paso Locomotive Adds Top-Flight European Experience by Signing Midfielder Fabrice Fokobo from Sporting Lisbon
- USL Championship Announces 2020 Home Openers