Paradela Called up to Cuban National Team
RENO, Nev. - Reno 1868 FC forward Luis Paradela has been called up to the Cuban National Team for an October 11 CONCACAF National League group stage matchup with the United States. The 22-year-old has scored five goals and tallied three assists across nine appearances with the national team. No Cuban has ever represented their national team after competing professionally in the United States.
"We're happy that he's been called up. It's a really good opportunity for him to play against a quality opponent like the United States," said 1868 head coach Ian Russell. "As a young player, it's always good to keep getting international matches to continue his development."
Since joining Reno on a loan contract in August, Paradela has appeared in four matches, tallying 114 minutes of action. Paradela has recorded four shots including one on target.
Paradela was able to sign a loan contract with Reno without defecting, becoming the first-ever Cuban to secure a P-1A visa.
The match will be held at Audi Field in Washington D.C., with a start time of 4:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 3, 2019
- Match Preview vs. San Antonio FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Atlanta United 2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Participating in Nashtoberfest in Richland Park this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC to Appear at A-Maize-Ing Mid-South Corn Maze - Memphis 901 FC
- Paradela Called up to Cuban National Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Nashville SC Participating in Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival this Saturday at Centennial Park - Nashville SC
- Playoff Tickets Go on Sale October 5th as Orange County SC Gets Playoff Ready - Orange County SC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Las Vegas Lights FC as Playoff Push Continues - San Antonio FC
- North Carolina FC to Celebrate Career of Captain Austin da Luz on October 19 against Saint Louis FC - North Carolina FC
- Enzo Martinez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Charlotte Independence
- Independence Paint the Pitch Pink with Kick Breast Cancer Night Presented by Novant Health - Charlotte Independence
- Matt Real Named to USL Championship's 20 Under 20 - Philadelphia Union II
- LouCity Battles for Playoff Positioning - Louisville City FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Republic FC Come-From-Behind to Pick up a Point against LA Galaxy II - Sacramento Republic FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home After Toppling Number Two Fresno - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Fresno FC Drops Road Match at El Paso - Fresno FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.