El Paso Locomotive FC Drops Points to Rio Grande Valley
El Paso Locomotive FC (11-12-7, 40 points, West-6) couldn't find the result at home against Rio Grande Valley Toros FC. El Paso came into the match after a road win against rivals New Mexico United on Friday September 2 and had a quick turnaround to play at home in front of an electric El Paso crowd. Toros found two late goals in the second half to end the contest 2-0.
Locomotive stuck to their game plan and implemented a highly possessive style of play, out possessing the visiting team 63.1 to 36.9 percent. El Paso had 58 final third entries but were unable to capitalize on their chances in the opposing team's defensive end. Locomotive go on the road for their next two matches and close the regular season with back-to-back home matches on October 5 against Colorado Springs and on October 8 against Orange County SC.
Midfielder Chris Garcia made his home debut for Locomotive tonight. The El Paso native entered the match in the 70 minute and is currently on loan for the remainder of the 2022 season from MLS side Real Salt Lake. "It felt good, first home game I have had [with El Paso]. It's a beautiful team, great teammates and the crowd is always amazing. The passion they have is amazing. Being back home is the greatest thing." Commented Garcia.
UP NEXT: El Paso Locomotive travels to the golden state to face LA Galaxy II on Sunday September 18, with kickoff slated for 6:00 p.m.
Match: El Paso Locomotive v Rio Grande Valley Toros
Date: September 7, 2022
Venue: Southwest University Park; El Paso, TX
Weather: 84F cloudy
Scoring Summary 1 2 F
El Paso Locomotive 0 0 0
Rio Grande Valley 0 2 2
RGV - Lopez, 72'
RGV - Pinzon, 80'
El Paso Locomotive FC (4-3-3): Evan Newton; Eder Borelli, Andrew Fox, Yuma, Matt Bahner, Richie Ryan(Ander Egiluz 71'), Eric Calvillo(Liam Rose 60'), Dylan Mares(Edison Azcona 81'), Christiano Francois(Chris Garcia 70'), Nick Hinds(Ricardo Zacarias 60'), Lucho Solignac
Subs not used: Phillip Beigl, Artem Kholod
Stats Summary: ELP | RGV
Shots: 10 | 12
Shots on Goal: 3 | 4
Saves: 2 | 3
Corner Kicks: 3 | 2
Fouls: 12 | 15
Offside: 1 | 2
ELP - Nick Hinds (Caution), 14'
RGV - Juan Torres (Caution), 86'
ELP- Eder Borelli (Caution), 90+'
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 8, 2022
- Orange County SC Falls on the Road to Monterey Bay F.C. - Orange County SC
- Inside the Match: New York Red Bulls II vs. Miami FC - New York Red Bulls II
- Memphis 901 FC's Aaron Molloy Nominated for USL Championship Player of the Month - Memphis 901 FC
- Rising Signs Defender Hayden Sargis on Loan from D.C. United - Phoenix Rising FC
- LouCity's Damm Returns to Northern Colorado on Loan - Louisville City FC
- Oakland Roots Sports Club Utilize UserTesting to Help Improve Fan Engagement - Oakland Roots
- Loudoun United FC Loan Goalkeeper Joe Rice to Detroit City FC - Loudoun United FC
- Red Bulls II September Preview - New York Red Bulls II
- Sam Gleadle's Third Goal in Two Matches Lifts Monterey Bay F.C. 1-0 over Orange County SC - Monterey Bay FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Drops Points to Rio Grande Valley - El Paso Locomotive FC
- FC Tulsa Draws Louisville City FC 2-2 - FC Tulsa
- Toros Claim Three Points at El Paso Locomotive - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- Chihuahuas & Locomotive to Build and Assemble Beds for Area Children and Families for the Holiday
- Locomotive Club & Academy Closes out Successful Season
- Locomotive Academy's Quality Shines at E64 Showcase
- John Hutchinson to Depart from EP Locomotive FC
- Locomotive Academy to Compete in E64 Showcase