Efevberha Shines Against Stampede 93 - 86
Anaheim, Calif., March 21, 2008 - After a six game road trip, the Anaheim Arsenal returned home to play western division leader, Idaho Stampede. Anaheim entered the game with a two game winning streak and were able to extend that streak to 3 with a 93 - 86 victory over the Idaho Stampede.
Arsenal guard, Mike Efevberha proved to be the player of the game scoring 21 off the bench, including 11 in the crucial fourth quarter in his home debut as an Arsenal.
The Stampede were led by Jason Ellis and Cory Violette who scored 17 and 15, respectively.
Idaho had the largest lead of the game with 19 points, and entered the fourth quarter with a 76 - 68 advantage. The Arsenal, led by Efevberha's points and hustle, outscored the Stampede in the final quarter, 25 - 10.
"We gave a good team effort in the second half, which we lacked in the first. We picked up the energy and everyone was playing defense," said Efevberha.
When asked about his first game home with his new team, Efevberha commented, "I was when I heard I was getting traded to Anaheim. All the other guys are cool, this is the first team I've been on where everyone gets along."
Efevberha's teammate, Mo Charlo, scored 10 points in the third quarter to help contain the Stampede lead. Charlo's efforts in the third, kept the Arsenal close and allowed them to come back in the final period.
The Arsenal play Idaho Stampede again tomorrow night at the Arena at the Anaheim Convention Center at 7:30pm. For tickets or more information on the Arsenal please call 714.635.2255 or visit www.anaheimarsenal.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2008
- Wizards come from behind to win thriller - Dakota Wizards
- Sioux Falls' Kasib Powell Earns Gatorade Call-Up to the Miami Heat - G League
- Toros on Inside NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Efevberha Shines Against Stampede 93 - 86 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Skyforce Uses Team Effort To Defeat Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Thunderbirds Hold off Tulsa 114-108 for Sixth Straight Victory - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Almond Leads Flash To Second Consecutive Win - Utah Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.