EE Football Team Sign Seven from 2020 Draft Class, One More
(Edmonton) - The EE Football Team announces today they have signed seven members of their 2020 CFL Draft class. American defensive lineman Deonte Holden (NC State) has also been signed. Seventh-round-pick (57th overall) OL Nicholas Summach will be returning to the University of Saskatchewan to complete his eligibility.
Added to the roster:
- National offensive lineman Tomas Jack-Kurdyla
- National defensive lineman Alain Pae
- National linebacker Malik Tyne
- National defensive back Oludotun Aketepe
- National offensive lineman Chris Gangarossa
- National defensive lineman Rossini Sandjong
- National running back Mitch Raper
- American defensive lineman Deonte Holden
Round 1 (4th overall): OL | Tomas Jack-Kurdyla
Jack-Kurdyla started as a true freshman at Buffalo and in four seasons (2016-19), appearing in 47 games (40 starts) at guard. In 2019, the Bulls offensive line earned an honourable mention for the Joe Moore Award, which is awarded to the top-15 offensive lines in the NCAA.
Round 2 (13th overall): DL | Alain Pae
Pae moved to Canada to attend the University of Ottawa in 2017 where he appeared in eight games recording 25.5 tackles and six quarterback sacks. He was named to the OUA Conference All-Rookie Team. In his home country, Czech Republic, Pae played for the Prague Lions and in two seasons he recorded 46 total tackles, five quarterback sacks, and eight quarterback pressures.
Round 3 (24th overall): LB | Malik Tyne
Tyne attended Towson University from 2015 to 2019 and appeared in 43 games recording 75 total tackles, eight-and-a-half quarterback sacks, four forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries.
Round 4 (31st overall): DB | Oludotun Aketepe
Aketepe attended Guelph from 2016 to 2019 appearing in 26 games recording 87.5 total tackles, two quarterback sacks, and eight interceptions, including one for a touchdown. He was named a Second-Team OUA All-Star in 2019.
Round 6 (50th overall): OL | Chris Gangarossa
Gangarossa attended Wagner from 2016 to 2018 appearing in 29 games for the Seahawks, including 10 starts at left tackle during the 2019 season.
Round 7 (59th overall): DL | Rossini Sandjong
Sandjong attended York from 2016 to 2019 appearing in 33 games recording 115 total tackles, 14.5 quarterback sacks, 2 forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He was named First-Team OUA All-Star in 2019, Second-Team OUA All-Star in 2018, and All-Rookie OUA Team in 2016.
Round 8 (68th overall): RB | Mitch Raper
Raper attended Carleton from 2017 to 2019 appearing in 25 games and recording 11 receptions for 148 yards and one touchdown.
Deonte Holden attended NC State, playing for the Wolfpack from 2016-2019. The defensive lineman played in 29 games, recording 51 total tackles and six sacks in his University career.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 17, 2021
- EE Football Team Sign Seven from 2020 Draft Class, One More - EE Football Team
- Lions Add Three More on Defence: Banks, Thurmon and Hayes - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Sign Six Defensive Backs - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Alouettes Add Four Americans to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Sign Okeke, Release Four - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Add Receiver/Returner Quadree Henderson - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Argos Bring Canadian LB Cameron Judge Aboard the Boat - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.