Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 25, 2019
Avaya Stadium will host the 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup, set to take place next week. Eight teams remain in the tournament and will compete in fourth-round matchups on Friday, Nov. 29 to punch their ticket to San Jose. Stanford University will host BYU; Washington State head east to face South Carolina; Florida State host UCLA; and the USC Trojans will take on North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
Both College Cup semifinals will take place on Friday, Dec. 6. The final is set for Sunday, Dec. 8. Tickets for all three matches at Avaya Stadium can be purchased here.
RENO 1868 FC UPDATE
Reno 1868 FC announced last Tuesday that the club will be hosting open tryouts on Dec. 14 at Golden Eagle Sports Complex. Tryouts will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and lunch will be provided for all participants.To register, follow this link. There is a fee of $125.
The San Jose Earthquakes Boys' Academy ended the weekend with a 2-1 record against the Portland Timbers, posting a collective score of 11-5 against the Oregon side. The U-17s and U-19s were in full control, recording 6-1 and 3-1 victories, respectively. The U-15s led 2-1 at the end of the first half, but conceded two late goals, seeing them fall 3-2.
The U-13s faced San Francisco Elite Academy at Crocker Amazon Soccer Fields and defeated the home side 7-1.
The Boys' Academy close out the year with DA Cup fixtures versus Shattuck - St. Mary's, FC United Soccer Club, Miami Rush Kendall SC, FC Westchester, the Philadelphia Union and Solar Soccer Club. These matchups will all take place next week at Premier Sports Campus.
Details on the Boys' Academy full season schedule can be accessed here.
San Diego State University recently announced their 2020 recruiting class, which included Quakes Academy midfielder Jordan Korbus. A native of San Jose, Korbus is ranked No. 128 in the nation and No. 6 in Northern California and Hawaii.
The Girls' Academy were not in action over the weekend. They resume DA Cup play when they take on Charlotte Soccer Academy on Dec. 9.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 25, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 25, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Select Defender Danilo Acosta in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Process - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Selects Gregory Ranjitsingh in 2019 End-Of-Year Waiver Draft - Minnesota United FC
- Four Players Selected in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Process - MLS
- Revolution Select Jeff Caldwell in MLS End-Of-Year Waiver Draft - New England Revolution
- Orlando City Acquires 2020 MLS SuperDraft Second Round Pick - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Select Midfielder Haris Medunjanin in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Draft - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Midfielder Tony Rocha Agrees to New Contract - New York City FC
- Revolution Sign Defender Michael Mancienne to New Contract - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Hires Four New Staff Members for Crew SC Academy - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City Signs Midfielder Uri Rosell to Two-Year Contract - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 11, 2021
- Three Earthquakes Players Called to U.S. U-23 National Team
- Earthquakes Sign Chris Wondolowski to New Contract
- MLS SuperDraft 2021 to Take Place on January 21
- Earthquakes Announce Ben Remez as Club's Official eMLS Competitor