Early Offense Powers Bomber Victory
Bryan-College Station - The Brazos Valley Bombers finished up their series against the Victoria Generals with a win. The victory gave the Bombers their sixth straight victory.
In a game with a final score of 3-2, the Bombers got a strong performance from Willy Amador who started on the mound. Amador went five innings with eight strikeouts and only gave up one run in his outing. The last four innings was a combined effort from Sebi Palacios, Jake Cowan, Brandon Barbery and Riley McCauley. The four pitchers only gave up one run on two hits the rest of the way.
John Grimsley powered the Bombers offense tonight with a run scored and an RBI while going 2 for 3 at the plate. The Bombers scoring started early with two runs coming in the first inning and tacked on an insurance run in the seventh inning.
The Bombers current road trip continues tomorrow night when they take on the Woodlands Strykers at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 7, 2016
- Cane Cutters Score Late to Top Marshals, 8-5 - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Cane Cutters Beat Marshals - Texas Marshals
- Early Offense Powers Bomber Victory - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Generals Lose a Tough One - Victoria Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brazos Valley Bombers Stories
- Bombers Host Inaugural Brazos JUCO Classic
- Bombers Announce Black Friday Ticket Specials
- Bombers Staff Return to Defend Texas Collegiate League Title in 2020
- Bombers Rake in the TCL Post-Season Awards After Their Championship Season
- Bombers Bring TCL Championship Back to the Brazos Valley