Eagles Announce Affiliation with Colorado Avalanche
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles announced Wednesday that they've reached an affiliation agreement with the National Hockey League's Colorado Avalanche. Under the agreement, the Eagles will act as the ECHL affiliate for any player assigned to the league by the San Antonio Rampage, the Avalanche's AHL affiliate.
"We are thrilled to finalize a partnership with the organization that truly put the sport of hockey on the map in the state of Colorado," said Eagles president and general manager Chris Stewart. "We feel that this will be a very advantageous partnership for the Eagles, the Avalanche and the fans of this great sport throughout the state of Colorado. We want to be a part of helping the Avalanche continue to thrive in Colorado and we know that the Avs can help us to win our first Kelly Cup."
The Avalanche competes in the Central Division of the NHL's Western Conference and captured the Stanley Cup in both 1996 and 2001. The Avs have also claimed nine division titles since arriving in Denver in 1995 and still hold the NHL record for consecutive sellouts with 487. In addition, the Rampage will be serving as the Avalanche's AHL affiliate for the second consecutive season during the 2016-17 campaign.
"We are looking forward to the start of this new relationship with the Eagles. We feel this will be the right environment for some of our prospects to play," said Avalanche Executive vice president and general manager Joe Sakic.
"We're excited for this new affiliation with the Eagles, a proven and established organization in Colorado with a geographical proximity that will benefit both the Avalanche and the Rampage," Avalanche assistant general manager Craig Billington said.
Season tickets for the 2016-17 season are on-sale now and can be reserved with a $50 deposit per seat by calling the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468). The 2016-17 regular season home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 15th when the Eagles host the Rapid City Rush. A complete schedule can be found at www.ColoradoEagles.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2016
- Hard-Hitting Two-Way Defenseman Billingsley Returns for 2016-17 - Brampton Beast
- Eagles Announce Affiliation with Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Returner Trenz, Newcomer Sampair Sign with Aces - Alaska Aces
- Zombo Added to 2016-2017 Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Eagles Sign Four Avalanche Draft Picks to Tryout Agreements
- Eagles Sign Forward Alexandre Fortin to AHL Contract
- Colorado Eagles to Begin 2020-21 AHL Season February 5th
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient