Drillers training camp report
BEAUMONT, TX Â– The Beaumont Drillers completed their fourth day of training camp on Mon., Feb. 28 as the team practiced outside for three hours.
Head coach Kyle Mackey and his entire coaching staff worked on 1-on-1 drills as well as the offense and defense going head-to-head.
Â“Two new guys who are doing a great job are receiver Ellis Spears and Kenyada Tatum,Â” said Mackey.
Spears, 6-2, 190-pounds, excelled at the collegiate level at Grambling State and was on the Jacksonville Jaguars roster last year.
Â“Both of those players are tremendous athletes,Â” said Mackey. Â“You will be hearing their name get called a lot this year.Â”
Special teams coach Jason Arbuckle was also able to work kicker Tyler Thibodeaux, a former West Orange-Stark Mustang.
Camp continues Wed., March 2 at 7 p.m. as the Drillers return to the Salvation Army Boys/Girls Club football field located off 7th Street and IH-10 in Beaumont.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from March 1, 2005
- Working Her Way to the Top - Corpus Christi Hammerheads
- Drillers move to Ford Arena - Beaumont Drillers
- Miami Morays individual and season tickets on sale now - Miami Morays
- Miami Mayor Manny Diaz and Morays to honor youth football champions - Miami Morays
- Guard Calling For Game Day Volunteers - Fayetteville Guard
- Rage to 'Celebrate Democracy' - RiverCity Rage
- Roughnecks to begin this Monday...Not Saturday - West Texas Roughnecks
- Renegades release Florida wide receiver - Rome Renegades
- Drillers training camp report - Beaumont Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.