Drillers Score "Gusher" in Season Opener
Led by quarterbacks Ted Robinson and Mark Saldana the Drillers put 72 points on the board to defeat the Oklahoma Crude 72-52 in their 2004 season opener. Robinson and Saldana found receivers Johnnie Freeman, Pat Palmer and Chad Luttrull for TD passes while Troy Sumrall was able to scamper through a well blocked Crude defense for scores.
Defensively, the Drillers' linemen T J Light, Kevin Mohr, and "Cadillac" Nick Mitchell, along with linebacker Shane Winchester kept the Crude QB under pressure. Breaking up plays in the backfield were Troy Espirit, who intercepted the Crude in the second half, and Randy Chappell.
The Drillers travel to Tupelo on Saturday, March 20 to face the 1-0 division rival FireAnts.
For more information, contact the Beaumont Drillers at (409)840-9229. Beaumont Driller Football ..Get Drilled in 2004!
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from March 15, 2004
- NIFL Announces Players of the Week - NIFL
- Drillers Score "Gusher" in Season Opener - Beaumont Drillers
- Zambian Vocal Collection to sing anthem - The Marshals
- Diesel Ready for First Game - Tri-City Diesel
- CardSharks Show St. Pattys Day Spirit - Atlantic City CardSharks
- Eastridge Mall to Host Wyoming Cavalry Pep Rally Saturday, March 20 - Wyoming Cavalry
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.