Drillers look to snap losing streak by going on the road
BEAUMONT, TX -- The Beaumont Drillers cling to the seventh wildcard playoff spot in the Pacific Conference with a 4-5 record after starting the 2005 season 4-1. The Drillers have since dropped four straight including two, 1-point loss games, both at home.
Beaumont now takes to the road for their next two contests beginning with Montgomery for a Sunday afternoon tilt at 3:05 p.m. at the Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Alabama, on May 22.
The Drillers are 3-1 on the road and the Maulers are 4-5 overall and hold a 3-1 advantage at home. The Maulers are just a half game behind first place Rome (4-4) in the Atlantic Central Division.
The Maulers are being outscored 48-41 on the year but outscore their opponents 44-33 at the Garrett Coliseum.
Last week, Beaumont running back Roland Hayes shattered the Drillers' franchise single-season touchdown record with his 24th touchdown of the year (second in the NIFL). The previous record was held by Pat Palmer (2004) and Anthony Johnson (2004), both with 21.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 20, 2005
- Drillers look to snap losing streak by going on the road - Beaumont Drillers
- Morays-Kreatures game preview - Miami Morays
- Capitols Travel to Billings - Lincoln Capitols
- Fever set to battle Hammerheads - Tri-Cities Fever
- Kissimmee's James Panui is back - Kissimmee Kreatures
- Kissimmee names interim coaches - Kissimmee Kreatures
- Kreatures have rematch with Miami; visit Daytona Beach Hawgs Monday - Kissimmee Kreatures
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.