Dock Spiders Seek Grant Applications Through NWL Foundation's Share the Glove Program
FOND DU LAC, WI - The Northwoods League Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities, will be awarding twenty-two (22) equipment grants, each with an approximate retail value of $2500, to youth baseball and softball organizations across the twenty-two (22) communities in which a Northwoods League Affiliate currently operates. The Northwoods League Foundation has announced that one youth baseball organization in the Fond du Lac area will be awarded this year's equipment grant as part of the Share the Glove Program.
The grant is a standardized set of Rawlings equipment, sized for youth ages 9-12. Each grant includes:
(2) Sets of Catcher's Gear (helmet, chest protector, shin guards, mitt)
(8) batting helmets
(10) fielding gloves (8 right, 2 left)
(1) bucket of practice baseballs
(6) bats (1-28", 2-29", 2-30", 1-31")
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
Organization qualifies as a 501(c)(3) organization, school or school-based program, or community-based organization as defined under US IRC section 501(c)(3);
Organization is not an individual, for-profit business, political, or religious organization;
Organization provides opportunities for kids ages 9-12 to play baseball within a community that is served by a Northwoods League affiliate.
Qualifying youth baseball organizations within Fond du Lac and the surrounding communities must complete the grant application here at dockspiders.com by March 31st to be considered by the Northwoods League Foundation.
The Dock Spiders open their season on the road against the Kalamazoo Growlers on Tuesday, May 28th. The first home game will be played on Saturday, June 1st at 6:35PM against the Lakeshore Chinooks.
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders have several great ticket options for our fans for the upcoming 2019 season. Ticket packages and group tickets are now on sale. Order yours today by calling the Dock Spiders Ticket Office at 920-907-9833 or by stopping by the Dock Spiders Front Office at 980 E Division St. Check out all of our ticket information any time of the day at www.dockspiders.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Northwoods League Foundation to Award 22 Youth Equipment Grants - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express & NWL Foundation Continue "Share the Glove" Program - Eau Claire Express
- Rox Seek Applications for "Share the Glove" =242,500 Youth Softball Equipment Grant - St. Cloud Rox
- Pair of Runnin' Rebels Headed to Green Bay - Green Bay Booyah
- Bucks Partner with Northwoods League Foundation for "Share the Glove" Initiative - Waterloo Bucks
- Share the Glove: Stingers Seek Applications for $2,500 Softball Grant - Willmar Stingers
- Woodchucks Announce Share the Glove Initiative - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Seek Grant Applications Through NWL Foundation's Share the Glove Program - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Northwoods League Foundation to Award 22 Youth Equipment Grants - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Dock Spiders Announce 2020 Schedule
- Dock Spiders Welcome Back Charbonneau
- Dock Spiders and Timber Rattlers Announce Staff Promotions
- And Now We Wait
- Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory