Dillas outdo Aces
Alexandria, La. - August 1, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces failed to sweep the Amarillo Dillas as they dropped Game 3 of the series 5-3 Friday night at Bringhurst Field.
Aces starter Angel Guzman has excelled as of late out of the bullpen. Coming into Friday's game, the right-hander had a 1.53 ERA, but Guzman struggled right out of the gate. The Dillas got to Guzman early scoring five runs in the first two innings. The Dillas scored two in the first when Danny Bravo and Andrew Wong hit RBI singles. In the second, Amarillo added three more runs. Jonathan Reynoso doubled home Josh Ashton. Keith Brachold brought home Reynoso when he hit his ninth homer of the year. The two-run shot to right gave the Dillas a 5-0 lead. Rafael Ozuna hit his ninth homer of the year, a solo shot, in the fourth. Andre Marshall brought the Aces within two with a two-run single in the sixth.
The Aces travel to Harlingen Saturday for a three-game series. Game time is 7:05.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 1, 2008
- Colts offense explodes to get back on winning side - San Angelo Colts
- Colts Blow Out Coyotes - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Dillas outdo Aces - Alexandria Aces
- 'Wings swept by Broncos - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos complete sweep of 'Wings - Laredo Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th