Dillas deny sweep
Alexandria, La. - June 16, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces failed to complete a sweep of the first-place Amarillo Dillas losing 13-4 at Bringhurst Field Monday night. The Dillas tied the game at 3-3 in the third with RBI singles by Keith Brachold, Danny Bravo and Andrew Wong. In the fourth, they added four more. This time it was four straight hits that set the stage. After an error and a hit batter, Gary Schneidmiller scored on a wild pitch to end the scoring in the third. In the fifth the Dillas batted around and scored six. In this inning, walks were the story. The Dillas scored six on one hit, four walks, a hit batter and an error. The Aces will go to Harlingen to face the WhiteWings for a three-game series. The Aces will go with Jeremy Cameron against Kenny Evoniuk of Harlingen. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Monday June 23rd vs. San Angelo. Ladies Night. Women get in two-for-one.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 16, 2008
- WhiteWings fall big to Broncos - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Dillas deny sweep - Alexandria Aces
- Pitching Woes Continue for Coyotes - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts hitters stay hot to take series from Coyotes - San Angelo Colts
- Broncos Offense Explodes in Series Win Over Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th