Destroyer Acquire Douglas in Trade
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Destroyers have acquired offensive specialist Henry Douglas from the Chicago Rush in exchange for wide receiver/defensive back Jeremy Unertl, team President David Paitson announced today.
Douglas (6-0, 180, North Carolina A&T) is in his third season in the Arena Football League after spending his rookie season with Los Angeles and the 2005 season with the Rush. Entering the 2006 season, Douglas caught 106 passes for 1,208 yards and 22 touchdowns, while adding three rushing touchdowns in 21 games.
Douglas, who was the Rush's second leading receiver, played in both of Chicago's first two games and caught 11 passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns. He returned 12 kicks for 209 yards to combine for a team best 322 all-purpose yards.
After leading the North Carolina A&T Aggies in receiving and all-purpose yards, Douglas was an undrafted signing by the Detroit Lions in 1999. He spent the next three seasons as a member of the practice squad. He also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers. Douglas is expected to be in action this Saturday against Dallas.
Single game tickets starting as low as $10 are on sale now and pro-rated season tickets also available by calling (614) 246-HITS or by visiting www.ColumbusDestroyers.com. In addition, high school and college students (23 years and under) with a valid student ID may purchase a specially priced $7 ticket beginning two hours before each home game at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office only.
Individual tickets may also be purchased at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, at all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, or by phone at (614) 431-3600. Tickets are also available at the Blue Jackets Zones located at Chiller Dublin, Chiller Easton and Chiller North. All tickets are subject to service charges and facility fees.
Entering its fourth season, NBC will continue its coverage of the AFL on Sunday's throughout the season. Be sure to watch the AFL on NBC. Check local listings for complete details.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from February 7, 2006
- Utah Blaze Week 3 Practice Schedule - Utah Blaze
- Avengers Double Days - Los Angeles Avengers
- Philadelphia Soul game notes - Philadelphia Soul
- Arizona Rattlers Game Notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Los Angeles Avengers game notes - Los Angeles Avengers
- EA Sports' Arena Football gets rave reviews from GameZone, IGN - AFL I
- Colorado Crush game notes - Colorado Crush
- EA ships all new Arena Football video game today - AFL I
- Shaw named Offensive Player of the Week - Dallas Desperados
- Mason earns Defensive Player of the Week - Austin Wranglers
- Gladiators defeat SaberCats, 51-48 - San Jose SaberCats
- AFL names players of the week - AFL I
- Kats' Bonner Named AFL Ironman of the Week - Nashville Kats
- Destroyer Acquire Douglas in Trade - Columbus Destroyers
- Rush Trades Douglas For Unertl - Chicago Rush
- Orlando Predators game notes - Orlando Predators
- Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State Produce Players - AFL I
- Gladiators Win Home Opener - Las Vegas Gladiators
- SaberCats Drop Second Straight - San Jose SaberCats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Destroyers Stories
- Renacci makes statement on AFL suspension
- Columbus Destroyers Announce Football Fan Pack In Time For Holidays
- Columbus Destroyers Receive First Pick In Dispersal Draft
- Columbus Destroyers Announce Assistant Coaches
- Destroyers acquire all-AFL linebacker Steve Watson