Columbus Destroyers Receive First Pick In Dispersal Draft
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Destroyers have the first pick in the AFL's 2009 Dispersal Draft that has been set for Tuesday, October 21 at 1 p.m. E.T. The draft will give all 16 teams a chance to acquire former New Orleans Voodoo players. The order of team selection is based on team's records from the 2008 season.
The Dispersal Draft will be conducted via telephone conference and will consist of an unlimited number of rounds until all eligible players are selected or all teams in a round pass. A maximum of five minutes per selection is allowed in each round. If the time limit expires, the pick is forfeited. Trades between teams may occur at any time prior to or during the draft. All undrafted players will become free agents.
Deposits are now being accepted for Destroyers season tickets for the 2009 season. For information on season tickets, call (614) 246-HITS (4487).
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from October 17, 2008
- Avengers to pick third and sixth in AFL Dispersal Draft on Oct. 21 - Los Angeles Avengers
- Columbus Destroyers Receive First Pick In Dispersal Draft - Columbus Destroyers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Destroyers Stories
- Renacci makes statement on AFL suspension
- Columbus Destroyers Announce Football Fan Pack In Time For Holidays
- Columbus Destroyers Receive First Pick In Dispersal Draft
- Columbus Destroyers Announce Assistant Coaches
- Destroyers acquire all-AFL linebacker Steve Watson