Desperados Visit Richardson Boys & Girls Club
The Dallas Desperados kickoff their annual Impact Player Program with the first of 12 visits to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas centers when WR/LB Andrew Layton and WR/DB Shawndel Tucker visit the Richardson Boys & Girls Club on Wednesday, February 9 at 5:00 p.m.
Throughout the 2005 Desperados season, select players are scheduled to make appearances at various Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas locations. The players spend time with youth participating in the Boys & Girls Clubs after school programs taking part in activities like tutoring, coaching sports, social recreation activities, mentoring, reading to children and arts & craft projects.
As part of the Desperados Impact Player Program experience, children and chaperones from each of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas locations are scheduled to attend the April 29th home game against the New York Dragons as guests of the Desperados. The youth will receive Desperados t-shirts, a seat visit from mascot Kid Coyote and recognition of their attendance on the Pro Star board.
Now in its third year, the Impact Player Program allows the Dallas Desperados players and coaches an opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children in the Dallas area. The program also provides an opportunity for the Desperados players to gain confidence in their ability to interact with the community as professional athletes and role models.
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs is to inspire and empower all youth with special concern for those from disadvantaged circumstances to achieve their full potential in a positive, safe and fun environment. Boys & Girls Clubs are open to all boys and girls between the ages of six and 18, regardless of race, religion or national origin. The 10 Greater Dallas Clubs annually serve more than 9,000 youth. Clubs offer diverse program activities in five areas: Character and Leadership Development, Education and Career Development, Health and Life Skills, the Arts and Sports, Fitness and Recreation.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from February 8, 2005
- Las Vegas Gladiators game notes - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Sean Scott named US Army Ironman of the Week...again - Philadelphia Soul
- Ordway named ADT Defensive Player of the Week, Storm remain atop Top 8 poll - Tampa Bay Storm
- San Jose SaberCats game notes - San Jose SaberCats
- Chicago Rush game notes - Chicago Rush
- Desperados Visit Richardson Boys & Girls Club - Dallas Desperados
- Predators ink veteran kicker - Orlando Predators
- New York Dragons Game Notes - New York Dragons
- Destroyers to make 2005 NBC debut this week - Columbus Destroyers
- Arizona Rattlers game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Orlando Predators game notes - Orlando Predators
- Dallas Desperados game notes - Dallas Desperados
- Columbus Destroyers game notes - Columbus Destroyers
- Austin Wranglers game notes - Austin Wranglers
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- New Orleans VooDoo game notes - New Orleans VooDoo
- AFL names players of the week - AFL I
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- Dragons' opener thrills record crowd - OSC Original by David Holusha
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.