Denver Cutthroats: Over 150 Kids Try Hockey for Free
Denver - The Denver Cutthroats hosted USA Hockey "Try Hockey For Free" event for the second consecutive year on Sunday, November 17 at the Denver Coliseum.
One hundred and fifty kids attended the event with the Denver Cutthroats. Players Vincent Arseneau, Cam Reid, Phil Tesoriero and Gill the mascot were on the ice teaching kids the basics of skating and playing hockey.
"The most important thing we can do is to reach out to the community and introduce more youth to hockey," said Denver Cutthroats President and General Manager Ben Rifkin. "We are thrilled with the turn out and look forward to holding similar events in the future."
Colorado Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA), Lady RoughRiders, Boulder Hockey Club, Boulder Junior Bison and Hyland Hills Jaguars provided support for the event on Sunday. The Cutthroats and members of the Denver Cutthroats Amateur Hockey Coalition provided equipment, skates, ice time and instruction for the first-time hockey players, free of charge.
Throughout the day, kids developed basic hockey skills. Some of those who couldn't stand up on the ice were skating around comfortably within one hour, while others were shooting the puck top shelf.
"This was the best run and largest 'Try Hockey For Free Event' in the state," said CAHA's Director at Large Calvin Abila. "We look forward to putting on another 'Try Hockey For Free' event with the Denver Cutthroats in the near future."
For more information on the Denver Cutthroats Amateur Hockey Coalition, please contact Anders Nelson at 303.298.4836 or [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 18, 2013
- Shots from the Point for November 18, 2013 - CHL
- Thunder Add Speed and Toughness to Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Allen Americans Hosting Alzheimer's Night this Friday - Allen Americans
- Tulsa's Michel Beausoleil Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Beausoleil Earns Player of the Week Honors - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- The Weekly Chill - St. Charles Chill
- Denver Cutthroats: Over 150 Kids Try Hockey for Free - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster